P1000 Down time at RRB? Takeover...

J

Jshell3

Any ideas on how much camp time v/s seat time across the Friday ~ Sunday weekend?

So if I wanted help on a snorkel project or something... ya know.

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Any ideas on how much camp time v/s seat time across the Friday ~ Sunday weekend?

Where ya going with snorkel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3

I'm sure there will plenty of down time, and as long as you're okay with us having a beer or two while we help, I'm sure you'll find lots of help.

J

Jshell3

Where ya going with snorkel?

Under hood, low profile, unassuming snorkel.

I know it needs to be done. I hear the warnings...
It's just that I get confused about hoses... Where to find them, what size tube to buy, what all do I need to extend to keep the water out... like fuel lines, vacuum lines, breather lines.

It's a mystery. I only ask this now, ahead of time, so someone can tell me to pick up a whatchamacallit or order a domahickey, I'll have in my possession.

I'm sure there will plenty of down time, and as long as you're okay with us having a beer or two while we help, I'm sure you'll find lots of help.

I don't mind the beers. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

It's just that I get confused about hoses... Where to find them, what size tube to buy, what all do I need to extend to keep the water out... like fuel lines, vacuum lines, breather lines.

It's a mystery. I only ask this now, ahead of time, so someone can tell me to pick up a ... or order a ... and I'll have in my possession.

Trust me... I don't mind the beers. lol

Well figure out the system you want bring parts. Most are pretty simple install. Most there like it was mentioned will gladly help. Might cost ya a beer though

ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3

It's a mystery. I only ask this now, ahead of time, so someone can tell me to pick up a ... or order a ... and I'll have in my possession.

Trust me... I don't mind the beers. lol

I'll take some pics of my snorkel if you'd like. And if you want to make one similar I'll give you a parts list.

J

Jshell3

I'll take some pics of my snorkel if you'd like. And if you want to make one similar I'll give you a parts list.
Can you shoot me a link or something? I'm looking at your profile, but there is no build page. I'd like to take a look at it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
Can you shoot me a link or something? I'm looking at your profile, but there is no build page. I'd like to take a look at it.

Yeah, I haven't started a build thread yet. I've been meaning to. Hopefully soon.

Mine is just a homemade snorkel using 2" pvc

Reactions: Jshell3
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
38635 da3bd6448c4e26a5363487f43843b3af pic of my under hood snorkel

[

Snorkel

advertisement
J

Jshell3

Sorry ALL... wasn't trying to start another snorkel page. Was really curious about time spent at RRB. And IF there was down time, for small projects, like this...

Pardon, my snorkel interferences from above...

I ask again.

How long are the rides, typically?

J

JTW

Sorry ALL... wasn't trying to start another snorkel page. Was really curious about time spent at RRB. And IF there was down time, for small projects, like this...

I ask again.

Depends how much fun we're having!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What day u arriving again?
Don't worry. We can find time.

With the ones shown. It will take longer to get the hood off.

Running the lines is there hardest part of the under hood method. Still 30 mins and it will be done.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I ask again.

Theres as much time as you want. Theres going to be people coming and going. Riding typically starts around 10-11am till when ever. Alot of guys like to get bfast at the restaurant and fart around a bit in the morning check things over, talk ect.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I ask again.

The length of my rides usually depends on how long it takes to get my morning dump out.

advertisement