P1000 Doors for Pioneer 1000

J

Jason-2119

Jan 6, 2020
Central MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the soft doors for the rig, but thinking of getting hard doors. Anyone have the OEM doors or the plexiglass superatv ones or have some feedback as to which to go with?

Reactions: BWAF and Isaiah
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I like the look of the factory Honda full doors, but man, they proud of em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently installed the Honda hard doors and the rest of the hard cab items. It was a big hit to the wallet but I was able to get all of it about 20% below Honda's MSRP. I did all of the install myself. Once you get the doors adjusted just right they close with a nice firm push as you would expect for the money. I like the roll down window but the handles seem a little flimsy. If you go with the Honda doors check all fasteners at the end. Even the ones that are factory installed. My driver's side door handle was loose. Had to pop the interior skin enough to get in and tighten 2 bolts.
Now for the worst part. First trip out, on the way home about 5 miles down the road I see that the passenger door opened! Ya, that's bad! At 50 mph a suicide door does bad sh*t. Snapped the door tether and bent the lower hinge pretty bad. Door would not latch closed. Had to ratchet strap through the windows and over the roof to keep closed for the ride home.
Before I left I checked the door was closed and locked it. Upon further inspection I found the latch mechanism was very loose. The 2 Allen bolts that hold it were almost halfway out. This is not a part that needs to be adjusted. They should have some threadlocker. I could find no other reason for the door to open.
I was able to straighten the hinge and for $60 have a new set of door tethers coming.
Overall I like the doors. Just make sure you check them. I should mention that my trailer has short sides so the doors open above them. Great for getting in. Not great for keeping the doors closed at highway speed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB