thashane

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2020
norCa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You ever end up buying BD lights @Bighat

For anyone else that stumbles upon this in search, the best time to buy BD lights is black friday/cyber monday. I've bought them before with a 10-20% discount from a supplier like polyperformance, or cjc offroad, when BD also had a mail-in rebate running at the same time. This year's BF sale wasn't as good as years past.

I have the squadron sports (6) on the YXZ and have some on the shelf for the P1K5. I was a strong believer in the cheapest LED off of Amazon for a long time, assuming they all come out of the same factory. But when I put them on the YXZ they created alot of noise through my intercom/radio. The BD sports were no comparison. I'm sure the china lights are catching up, but I have no regrets of buying the BD's.

You mentioned checking cattle, fence, ect, I use a streamlight ultrastinger, and you can look out pretty far (they say 510m, I believe it, not sure I can see detail that far out though). Also worth it. It's actually the light that also convinced me to upgrade my LED standards. You could even mount a 12v charger for it in the pioneer if you're using it a bunch.

20191005 100250