Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well crap, the water is all muddy now with the issues. I'll throw this idea on the pile of s*** in the back of head where everything else goes to die.

It's honestly a good idea but gets frustrating. Even with wifi or Bluetooth from the cameras I still don't open that app or any others. Every time you do the tunes go off or the whips would quit or something. You'd be having a great time with people and everyone is singing you'd video and the party would stop. Pissed me off. I now rely on one separate switch for anything. Even the camera has a switch on the dash. Everything always works people don't need to connect in or any of that crap it's just go time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Joey if you didn't mind not having tunes when you were using cameras or vise versa it would work fine. You could use the mini leave it plugged in and seal the plug. Garmin in the back it would work. It would be nice though to have a dedicated mini for the deck
I plan on using the GoPro in the rear for video. I figure it'll be the only way I can see pictures of @drfubar after the Takeover.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want me one! Backup camera would be handy (already spent the 90 bucks on Honda rearview though). That way I'll know when @drfubar decides to veer off and attempt a 3' deep mudhole like last time at Bull Run lol. Cheap money too ( cause y'all know me...Cheap).

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I want me one! Backup camera would be handy (already spent the 90 bucks on Honda rearview though). That way I'll know when @drfubar decides to veer off and attempt a 3' deep mudhole like last time at Bull Run lol. Cheap money too ( cause y'all know me...Cheap).
I yam what I yam

Samsung Galaxy 7 Active

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
I've been talking with Ohanacreek about the possibility of mounting an iPad mini up there and deleting all three mirrors.

1. It could link to my rear mounted GoPro for rear view

2. It could record videos of what's behind me. Which is usually @Delton and @drfubar. @DGann is usually broke somewhere way back out of camera range.

3. I could the clinometer if it's rigidly mounted.

4. It could hold all my music and Bluetooth to the Wetsounds bar.

5. It would provide entertainment for the kids if ever needed. (That's never happened though when mud is around).

6. My iPad mini is already in a LifeProof case so it's water proof.

What else could I need in a mirror? Am I missing anything? Is this a go or what?

Bye the way I'm not always broke down, just every other riding event!!!! lol this sounds cool

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bye the way I'm not always broke down, just every other riding event!!!! lol this sounds cool

For the money especially...it's bad ass. If it doesn't fit don't do it is what most people believe and that's not how this sport evolves

Aug 13, 2016
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 8700 I just wanted to post this as an alternative to that glass mirror. We bought a backup camera as a rear view mirror and I can't tell you how awesome it works! We mounted the screen up high in the center with a factory Honda clamp and the camera on the back side of the roof. You can see excellent whether you have people or you're loaded. If you have Windows especially vinyl you can actually see. It has night vision so you can see in the dark. There is no need to readjust it for different people that drive as everyone in the cab can see as easily as you. You can see drastically below the tailgate so it's also very safe. Works very well and it's so much cheaper then factory mirror. You can easily hook it up how you want it reverse on key on or switch. We hooked ours up to key because I prefer it on as we ride with people and it gives you a very clear view behind you and it's got it's own power button in case you don't want it on. You can even reverse your view and change contrast or brightness. It makes backing up to a trailer or object stupid easy. Oh and just for fun(maybe depending on your needs) it has an input for 2nd camera so you could place it where that passenger side mirror gets ripped off (or if that's not a problem mount small camera at base of mirror so you can see tire placement for those extreme areas)or directly on the hitch maybe a different view or camera degree angle on the ass of the rig or in the grill for all that matters
How do you think the camera would work on a 3 seater with the top positioned further forward?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How do you think the camera would work on a 3 seater with the top positioned further forward?
Mount it above the license plate you'd be able to see the very back. Nice thing about a camera it can be placed anywhere. In fact most monitors allow two different cameras so you could place a second. What I found is hook any camera in one line to the monitor the any one you give power (via switch) to will show up. It's truly better for less money

advertisement