P500 Diff synthetic oil recommended P5

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
How many bottles did you have to buy? I plan on doing both front and rear.
It took three of the 8 ounce Honda bottles. I bought 4 so I would have some on hand just in case. I will be one up on the next change. My 500 is still under warranty so I am sticking with Honda products as recommended for the time being and saving receipts just in case it should ever come up which I do not expect.
A friend bought a 1000 from a different dealer and they told him if he did his own service to only use Honda products and keep good records for less problems on the warranty.

Reactions: 16p500
16p500

16p500

May 13, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
It took three of the 8 ounce Honda bottles. I bought 4 so I would have some on hand just in case. I will be one up on the next change. My 500 is still under warranty so I am sticking with Honda products as recommended for the time being and saving receipts just in case it should ever come up which I do not expect.
A friend bought a 1000 from a different dealer and they told him if he did his own service to only use Honda products and keep good records for less problems on the warranty.
I just serviced all my atvs differentials, might as well do the p5 also. I have always used the factory stuff to. Don't really know why, its overpriced as heck.

Reactions: rtn001