sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never been around that much snow(thank goodness). Just curious what do y'all do all day with that much snow? Are you snowed in, is everything closed? Or do you just sit around the house? Or do you go about your day as normal?The most snow I've ever seen was about 8inches and it melted later that afternoon. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This area is pretty use to snow so I guess like many places that get a lot life just continues. The further you get from town the worse it is because plows don't get in. We've had as much as 18 inches dump in 6 hours that was rough for a sec. I came from Seattle and snow cripples them. I use to see people just abandon their cars in the middle of a flat road lol. But most people here either have 4x4 or All-wheel in the house and move on. Busses all have auto chains and sanders. It's ok unless you try to leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been snowed in for 3 days 1 time probably 07. 18" and biggly winds. Road was 3' deep drift. Every road heading east and west was impassable.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been snowed in for 3 days 1 time probably 07. 18" and biggly winds. Road was 3' deep drift. Every road heading east and west was impassable.

At times I think that would be nice. You live aways out don't you?

Reactions: sharp
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Holy crap that's funny! I never noticed that well my apology I do not condone others to operate equipment while enjoying adult beverages but I don't condemn it either lol. As long as not on the streets that pisses me off.

Those look like snow depth measuring cups to me, you got to stack'em LOL

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've never been around that much snow(thank goodness). Just curious what do y'all do all day with that much snow? Are you snowed in, is everything closed? Or do you just sit around the house? Or do you go about your day as normal?The most snow I've ever seen was about 8inches and it melted later that afternoon. Lol
You go riding! Duh

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any pics, but the blizzards of 1977 and 78 were pretty wild. I remember being stranded at our farm for a week. We had 20 foot drifts covering the roads. We were using snow mobiles to make runs to get fuel oil to people. This was in PA.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Although this report is from Buffalo NY, I lived in NW PA at the time. We didn't get hit quite as hard as they did, but it was close. Pretty cool to look back on this...

That's really cool I like watching old footage like that I was pretty young then don't remember much. Sure remember St. Helens when it went off thoug that might as well been a snow storm but that's about the only really big thing I remember

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's really cool I like watching old footage like that I was pretty young then don't remember much. Sure remember St. Helens when it went off thoug that might as well been a snow storm but that's about the only really big thing I remember

I heard that was like a snow storm. I was still in PA at that time. I'm just hoping I don't get to experience one of the volcanoes up here blowing its top.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was on the coast at the time and we only got part of it but had friends and family on this side of the cascades and it was bad.it gets past the filters and kills engines. still have areas that is nothing but ash over this side of the mountains

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I was on the coast at the time and we only got part of it but had friends and family on this side of the cascades and it was bad.it gets past the filters and kills engines. still have areas that is nothing but ash over this side of the mountains

That's crazy!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
We don't get snow like a bunch of you guys, but here's a pics from a couple winters ago when we had some drifts. I had to make a trail with the tractor to get back there.
You got it. Just woke up the house is at 60 dam furnace went out! Yee haw!
It's 8° outside here, woodstove kept my place toasty all night :) LOL

Good luck on the furnace.

advertisement