P1000 Decisions while buying new P1k..

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome. I am looking forward to seeing what your top is going to look like and how you do it. Post some pics of the process if you can.

Nice deer pics.

Reactions: sharp
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love the pictures - awesome!

I've been considering the extended warrantee as well. Once I get my hands on this thing (picking it up on Wednesday) and run it for a bit I will make a decision. From lurking around on this forum, seems like Honda quality rules the day with these machines so extended warrantee might not be needed - but it is good for peace of mind!

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Hey Kelley, kinda off topic but is hunting and off-road machines ever off topic?! So our deer lease out in CA(I know, problem 1), is landlocked by one other ranch. We have had access for a hundred yrs, long story short, new owner has cut off access to our lease. U have any experience with this sort of thing? There are some other ranch owners that also need the access and they have lawyered up. This ranch was the primary reason I have been stockpiling accessories and getting ready to buy my rig. Kind of a huge bummer

D

Dasmoeturhead

Hey Kelley, kinda off topic but is hunting and off-road machines ever off topic?! So our deer lease out in CA(I know, problem 1), is landlocked by one other ranch. We have had access for a hundred yrs, long story short, new owner has cut off access to our lease. U have any experience with this sort of thing? There are some other ranch owners that also need the access and they have lawyered up. This ranch was the primary reason I have been stockpiling accessories and getting ready to buy my rig. Kind of a huge bummer
Seems to be the norm, new owners from a different part of the state maybe, and no sense of how we've done things for a hundred years. All the old timers and land owners used to be together, and would usually allow you to go onto there property to hunt. It was also like the original neighborhood watch. Everybody looked out for one another and there property. Ain't like that anymore unfortunately. The owner has the right to keep people out, but it sure ain't a good way to make friends in the community. Again it's there right. I liked it better in the old days the way our grandparents handled it, but then I'm old school. Up here in the mountains of Tennessee (particularly where I live there are very few posted signs. All the ranches have the signs and I respect that. Don't want a bunch of nuts killing my stock by accident or otherwise. No posted signs on our property, but if I catch you out here, and I don't know you, then were going to have a chat. I think people just understand up here that you just don't go onto someone's land un announced, and not expect to be redirected off the property by gun point.
I was trained by the military, and swat teams. Hahaha

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
62 straight, have you been to the county and looked at what the deed says? Does your leased property have a legal easement through another property? Most properties have an easement to get to them. Have you tried going and talking to the new owner? I would try and talk to him face to face. I'm old school too so going the lawyer route would be my last resort. If there isn't a legal easement, then there isn't anything they can do other then take a lot of your money.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
K

kelley350x

Oct 1, 2016
Kirbyville, TX
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I own property and have two people landlocked, there isn't an access agreement, from what I have been told (attorney), All I have to do is give them 30 days notice and I can do whatever I want.. I haven't looked into it though. The property that I have land locked belongs to my Grand Mother and my Dad. Their is a small section of land that is between them that my Grand Father gave to a family member that I don't care to have living anywhere around me.. I spoke to a lawyer when I found out who the land was left to and he believed what he was saying enough to write me a letter to give to the new owner of the property, I gave that to him with a written offer to buy the land and he accepted. If he didn't accept it he was never going to get access to his property..

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Thanks for everyone's response. This has all sort of played out in last couple weeks. The current generation of the family who we lease the ranch from probably don't know where the ranch is, they just know a hunting lease check and a cattle lease check show up every yr. Hopefully they will help us as we have always treated and cared for the place as it was ours. Leases are hard to come by and if when u find one, can be pricey. Hopefully it all works out. Meanwhile I'm missing quail season and all the bucks wandering around because they know deer season is over and they are safe another yr!

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for everyone's response. This has all sort of played out in last couple weeks. The current generation of the family who we lease the ranch from probably don't know where the ranch is, they just know a hunting lease check and a cattle lease check show up every yr. Hopefully they will help us as we have always treated and cared for the place as it was ours. Leases are hard to come by and if when u find one, can be pricey. Hopefully it all works out. Meanwhile I'm missing quail season and all the bucks wandering around because they know deer season is over and they are safe another yr!

I hate to hear about that situation. That is a very tough spot to be in. On our lease, there is a 1/4 section of land owned by someone other than the landowner that we lease from. His property is completely inside the boundaries of the property that we lease. We incidentally lease that 1/4 section under a separate lease agreement along with the other land that we lease surrounding it. I know that the owner of that piece of property has an agreement with the surrounding property owner to access the land. To me, it sounds like a situation where you will have to work out an agreement with the new landowner to have the right to cross his property to access the land you lease. Better yet, put the responsibility back on the owner of the land you lease to gain you reasonable access. Based on what @kelly350x said regarding his situation, this could be a power play by the new property owner to put the owner of your leased land in a position where they will be enticed to sell to him by restricting/eliminating access into their land.

K

kevin1234

Sep 29, 2016
ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, my name is Mike, I'm new member to the sxs family, I've been addicted to almost anything with gears since my first erector set around 1983.. I've never tried group therapy for my addition so there is no reason to start now..

I'll be buying a red P1k deluxe tomorrow and I've been studying various Facebook groups, forums, and websites for a few weeks now. I'm on a limited budget for accessories but I wanted some input on the must haves.. it will mainly be used for hunting.

We have good roads in both of our deer leases and our property is high and dry so the stock tires will be fine.

I'll be building my own fiberglass top with light bars mounted in the front and rear, and building my front (with winch) and rear bumpers. I already have everything except the fiberglass resin so I won't spend much on these items. I want to build a bed extender as well but that can come later.

What's everyone's opinion on the Honda extended warranty, three additional years for $620.

I definitely will buy the drop in bed liner, we have a pioneer 700-4 as a survey buggy at work and anytime I need a side by side I borrow it and my only two complaints about it is the fact that it don't have low range and how much junk falls through the bed and makes a mess.. the P1k with a drop in liner solves both of those issues..

What other accessories should I consider?

Thanks
I'm going to add a rear view mirror almost a must if you're ridding popular trails and dirt roads, top and 2 PC Windshield that tilts out so the sand dust don't come back in .. if the windshield is closed tight the dust comes back in from the rear gets everywhere

Reactions: kelley350x
advertisement