Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DGRider... Thanks for taking my question seriously. So it sounds like the torque converter is more idiot proof and the DCT is more efficient and allows for a low range. That is the information I was looking for.

As for some of the some of the other responses: I hope when your kids and grandkids go to a new forum and ask dumb questions they will be treated with respect. We are all newbies when we try something new.

Did someone not treat you with respect? I'm so confused.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
DGRider... Thanks for taking my question seriously. So it sounds like the torque converter is more idiot proof and the DCT is more efficient and allows for a low range. That is the information I was looking for.

As for some of the some of the other responses: I hope when your kids and grandkids go to a new forum and ask dumb questions they will be treated with respect. We are all newbies when we try something new.
Well...Honda could've added a low range. They just didn't. Maybe space constraints, since this engine came from an ATV? Who knows.

Diyguy

Diyguy

Dec 5, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not really, as long as the oil gets changed regularly they will go for many miles, I personally seen over 20k miles on multiple machines.

There's not really anything in the engine besides the hydrostatic unit, oil pump, a sub transmission (low, drive, reverse) and flywheel. If the hydrostat goes bad you just replace it. Its not serviceable.

View attachment 242760
IMO
Honda Tech is right.
Changing fluids at least on the recommended intervals on all machinery is key. I change fluids more often.