Confirmed HVAC coming soon.. LEAKED PHOTOS - Pioneer 1000.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How could you say the Honda HVAC will be inadequate, when it isn't even offered yet? My NorthStar is hot inside at 90 degrees as they say they will only keep it 15 Degrees cooler than the outside temp.

Jon Doe may or may not have insider information that may or may not be real

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda has been testing Polaris and Canam for several years. With their automotive experience I expect they will have a much better
A/C system and probably with a large fan for low-speed driving and idling. I did a lot of motorcycle testing for Honda but that was 35 years ago. My buddy bought the 1st Polaris. It was ok in the rain and on pavement. Polaris has had the dust problem for several years. Their 2025 model is finally fixed.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda has been testing Polaris and Canam for several years. With their automotive experience I expect they will have a much better
A/C system and probably with a large fan for low-speed driving and idling. I did a lot of motorcycle testing for Honda but that was 35 years ago. My buddy bought the 1st Polaris. It was ok in the rain and on pavement. Polaris has had the dust problem for several years. Their 2025 model is finally fixed.

They've had 10 years to figure out door bushings, I don't expect much.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
They've had 10 years to figure out door bushings, I don't expect much.
Giphy

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A/C system and probably with a large fan for low-speed driving and idling
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHDJDKEIDNSK…

That sir will NEVER happen! Deff not on a SXS! You will be reduced to the power of a Big Wheel with all that crap on there!

non HVAC folks have no clue what it takes to operate an AC. They are power killers and need “clean AF” air no dust, no mud to operate at ANY efficiency and a SXS is gonna be hard to do this with 90% of riders, This isn't an automobile. The engineering happening on this thread has been quite comical to read to say the least. 😂 but what do I know? Im just and HVAC texh🥳
Keep it going 🍟🍟🍟🍟

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHDJDKEIDNSK…

That sir will NEVER happen! Deff not on a SXS! You will be reduced to the power of a Big Wheel with all that crap on there!

non HVAC folks have no clue what it takes to operate an AC. They are power killers and need “clean AF” air no dust, no mud to operate at ANY efficiency and a SXS is gonna be hard to do this with 90% of riders, This isn't an automobile. The engineering happening on this thread has been quite comical to read to say the least. 😂 but what do I know? Im just and HVAC texh🥳
Keep it going 🍟🍟🍟🍟

🙄
Debbie Downer

advertisement
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If the mud, dust, etc. is a problem during a few years of testing, I expect to see the condenser and radiator up high in the back or at least the condenser. I installed A/C on my brother's truck 50 years ago and forgot everything I knew about doing it. Polaris and Canam have had lots of A/C failures, and I expect Honda had them fail in testing too. One thing is a for sure I will be getting one when they are available. I hate to buy a first year anything but I'm too old to wait on anything and I trust Honda. You're really not old until your kids are drawing their SS money.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HondaSxS.com has obtained leaked photos revealing the HVAC system that Honda plans to release in the upcoming year. Unfortunately, it appears that the beloved Pioneer may be getting a belt, although some information suggests that the compressor may be shaft-driven, contrary to what the images display.

The exact release date is still unknown, but it is highly likely that it will be announced next year. Our best estimate is for a 2025 model release, as Honda typically unveils at least one SxS update each year, and this seems to be it.

However, this update will only be significant if Honda also delivers improvements to a fully enclosed cab system. We all know that the previous enclosures have been quite inadequate.

There is an upcoming dealer redline announcement. Cross your fingers this is it.

Thoughts?
View attachment 443611View attachment 443612View attachment 443613View attachment 443614View attachment 443615View attachment 443616View attachment 443617View attachment 443618View attachment 443619
View attachment 443620
Can someone tell me more about these pictures? I'm not sure what I'm looking as far as HVAC system

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can someone tell me more about these pictures? I'm not sure what I'm looking as far as HVAC system
Well you have a condenser that has the compressor that compresses the refrigerant to an evaporator and fan blows against the evaporator for cooling. The condenser that has a coil itself called the “condenser coil” also needs to have a fan to cool the hot gas of the refrigerant cycle so it dosnt boil coming back to the compressor thus causing no to poor cooling or worse, catastrophic compressor failure. They will also be equipped with a high and a low ambient pressure switch.

In the pics its difficult to tell exactly how they have it configured cuz the cycle and the parts are not a labeled legend with the numbers, but it looks as if the evap coil and fan is the small box at the front under the dash and the compressor is located where the pully and belt is.
A compressor either needs 110 to 240v or a pulley/clutch system to make it work. Now you know why it takes alot of elect power and HP to make one operate effective and efficiently.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m a refrigeration tech. Cooling the condenser is where this will fail. Improperly cooled condenser causes improper pressures which cause poor cooling and strain on other components.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m a refrigeration tech. Cooling the condenser is where this will fail. Improperly cooled condenser causes improper pressures which cause poor cooling and strain on other components.
I didnt know you were a fellow fozdean gas smeller?
Yes, you summed it up a little simpler, less detail than I. 👍🏻

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If the mud, dust, etc. is a problem during a few years of testing, I expect to see the condenser and radiator up high in the back or at least the condenser. I installed A/C on my brother's truck 50 years ago and forgot everything I knew about doing it. Polaris and Canam have had lots of A/C failures, and I expect Honda had them fail in testing too. One thing is a for sure I will be getting one when they are available. I hate to buy a first year anything but I'm too old to wait on anything and I trust Honda. You're really not old until your kids are drawing their SS money.

They still haven't figured out door bushings