Conceal Carry Kimber micro 9

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have back pocket carried a Ruger LCP 380 for 4 years if not longer because I can never remember. The pistol operates as it should everytime. About once a month I would unholster it and empty the mag into a stump without any issue. Then I would clean it. Just to confirm it's function if I ever needed it. Now I might do that about every 3 months if not longer just because I have gotten to where I trust it more. Even when covered in pocket lint it has always worked for me. It is my main carry because I don't have to alter clothing in any way. They have the LCP 2 now with more features. I really want the LCP 2 I have yet to find a real reason to replace my LCP because it just works.

I use a rogue industries front pocket wallet, with a J & J back pocket holster.

J&J Wallet Style Back/Cargo Pocket Holster

I am a mechanic and I roll over and sit and twist and bump in every way imaginable. On everything from gravel, concrete, to grass. I have once or twice been drench in transmission fluid that contaminated my back pocket. I cannot say enough good things about my carry.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have back pocket carried a Ruger LCP 380 for 4 years if not longer because I can never remember. The pistol operates as it should everytime. About once a month I would unholster it and empty the mag into a stump without any issue. Then I would clean it. Just to confirm it's function if I ever needed it. Now I might do that about every 3 months if not longer just because I have gotten to where I trust it more. Even when covered in pocket lint it has always worked for me. It is my main carry because I don't have to alter clothing in any way. They have the LCP 2 now with more features. I really want the LCP 2 I have yet to find a real reason to replace my LCP because it just works.

I use a rogue industries front pocket wallet, with a J & J back pocket holster.

J&J Wallet Style Back/Cargo Pocket Holster

I am a mechanic and I roll over and sit and twist and bump in every way imaginable. On everything from gravel, concrete, to grass. I have once or twice been drench in transmission fluid that contaminated my back pocket. I cannot say enough good things about my carry.
That’s a good idea probably save on the jeans as well!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Dammit @CumminsPusher you got me looking at guns again.

hellcat is a nice gun…with the bag and mag rebate on the No optics gun…very tempting….gun sure fits my hands…

but I found this in the ditch today box and all….which is handy since it was what the wifey wanted and I’m a S&W fan…wonder if I can find a pocket holster for it?🤣

0BC075E9 34C0 4093 978F 5C5CF5CF4CC5

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll like it. Ultimately it comes down to what you like, how it feels in your hand, and how you shoot it. That is basically the kimber version of my Sig938. My model is the sports 13. It was a run they did a while back. Next one can be your 10mm. I love 10mm. I carry a glock 20 10mm when we're hiking in any black bear area. If your deer hunting with it check out the Dan Wesson bruin. It's real nice.
Just caught this. Ya the 938 is a really nice gun. Went back and forth a little. They feel identical for the most part. I’d have no regrets had that one been sitting in my pocket.
As far as the 10mm, I’ll see how this one goes, if I really like it there may be a new moose gun coming, honestly I’m not too worried with that though my full size will hold 17-1 in 357 sig which should stop most anything here…but the 10mm😍

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dammit @CumminsPusher you got me looking at guns again.

hellcat is a nice gun…with the bag and mag rebate on the No optics gun…very tempting….gun sure fits my hands…

but I found this in the ditch today box and all….which is handy since it was what the wifey wanted and I’m a S&W fan…wonder if I can find a pocket holster for it?🤣

View attachment 353139
Well f***! Thanks Vikes for making me feel like I bought a b**** gun😢

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
Man I agree. I like firing off rounds from nearly anything but something that feels good in your hand and shooting is more fun. I know the draw to some guns and I know why some like them but even my carry is going to get some rounds shot through it. With my current full frame Beretta I absolutely enjoy shooting that. I’ve tried a couple poly guns and they weren’t as nice to shoot and I wasn’t as accurate. I guess I wanted something small that reminds me of my pistol. Only 3 did that but trigger wasn’t good on one.
Its funny how I always wanted a Kimber in 10mm now got this sawed off 9🤣

I wasn't a fan of polymer pistols and originally hated Glocks and others. However, once I got in the industry and started spending a lot more time with the polymer guns, I converted. I now own 6 polymer pistols. 3 of them are heavily modified Glocks which I prefer shooting for personal/home defense. It's pretty amazing what can be done to improve these firearms.

I had a Glock 20 10mm...awesome pistol! Loved the 10mm. But, expensive to shoot.
I traded my modified Glock 20 for my STI.

Mike

advertisement
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
Nice. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll like it. Ultimately it comes down to what you like, how it feels in your hand, and how you shoot it. That is basically the kimber version of my Sig938. My model is the sports 13. It was a run they did a while back. Next one can be your 10mm. I love 10mm. I carry a glock 20 10mm when we're hiking in any black bear area. If your deer hunting with it check out the Dan Wesson bruin. It's real nice.
Glock 20 10mm is awesome! Really enjoyed mine....aside from the cost of ammunition, lol

Mike

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Me personally think the Kimber is a little to nice a gun to scratched all up in your pockets, I own a Kimber micro 9, just bought Glock 43xl, carry a m&p shield in my pocket, not worried at all about scratching it, they all fire when I pull the trigger, never failed, I'm not real happy with Glock not having a true safety,

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Me personally think the Kimber is a little to nice a gun to scratched all up in your pockets, I own a Kimber micro 9, just bought Glock 43xl, carry a m&p shield in my pocket, not worried at all about scratching it, they all fire when I pull the trigger, never failed, I'm not real happy with Glock not having a true safety,
If you knew me you’d know I’m not too worried about scratching something up. A gun isn’t a show piece, if it’s something you feel comfortable with and use more because of it then honestly what is a couple hundred dollars more if you can enjoy it as well as possibly saving your life at some point? You should see my m9a3, and it was much more expensive. Use them have fun.

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If you knew me you’d know I’m not too worried about scratching something up. A gun isn’t a show piece, if it’s something you feel comfortable with and use more because of it then honestly what is a couple hundred dollars more if you can enjoy it as well as possibly saving your life at some point? You should see my m9a3, and it was much more expensive. Use them have fun.
Different in person I guess, i like the Glock 43 best I guess, but not crazy about the no safety

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I guess it’s a mindset. I have a 43 that I carry from time to time in a sticky holster as well as in a TXC appendix holster. Obviously cautious when holstering but I’ve never worried about the “lack” of a true safety. I guess I’m just a Glock fan. When I was on patrol in the 90’s I started with Beretta 92FS, then went to a Sig 226 before going to Glock. I’ve had Glock ever since. I don’t even think about it now.

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I guess it’s a mindset. I have a 43 that I carry from time to time in a sticky holster as well as in a TXC appendix holster. Obviously cautious when holstering but I’ve never worried about the “lack” of a true safety. I guess I’m just a Glock fan. When I was on patrol in the 90’s I started with Beretta 92FS, then went to a Sig 226 before going to Glock. I’ve had Glock ever since. I don’t even think about it now.
The Glock does handle better than all of them to me.

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I worry more about grandkids more than me when it comes to my Glock, every water pistol you pull the trigger to make it shoot, and the only safety on Glock is the trigger safety, I know the chances of it happening is 1 in a billion, but when you get to be a grandpa you worry more😂👍

Reactions: Farmer and Buggyman
advertisement