P1000m3 Clutch failures on 1000-3

D

Dasmoeturhead

I was wondering if very many 1000-3's are having clutch failures. I generally see the 1000-5's on here with complaints. I was thinking that maybe the p3 is not as prone to clutch problems due two a smaller wheel size. (Less weight). My stock wheels are 12", and the p5's are 14". Just an observation.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was wondering if very many 1000-3's are having clutch failures. I generally see the 1000-5's on here with complaints. I was thinking that maybe the p3 is not as prone to clutch problems due two a smaller wheel size. (Less weight). My stock wheels are 12", and the p5's are 14". Just an observation.
Indeed they're not. There's a thread polling this here already where your question would be answered.
P1000 - ALL Pioneer 1k owners cast your poll vote!! ***CLUTCH FAILURE TRACKING***

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I see the difference in weight but I don't see how wheel size could make a difference. Now, tire size can make a big difference but the tire size is the same on the three seater and five seater.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I see the difference in weight but I don't see how wheel size could make a difference. Now, tire size can make a big difference but the tire size is the same on the three seater and five seater.
I was thinking weight . I know when I changed my truck tires from a highway tire to a heavy AT my fuel mileage dropped. Thinking on the same lines. Bigger tore ,more weight and stress on drivetrain maybe. IDK.
I haven't had a problem with my p3 , and I do a lot of low speed driving. Lots of reverse gear action also. Just trying to figure this out.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree, The weight of the tires definitely makes a difference. The three seater tires I believe are heavier than the five seater tires. The stock big horns are four ply and the base tires for the 12 inch wheels are six ply. I guess we need somebody to weigh them to really tell a difference but it may be that the three seat model has have your tires.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I agree, The weight of the tires definitely makes a difference. The three seater tires I believe are heavier than the five seater tires. The stock big horns are four ply and the base tires for the 12 inch wheels are six ply. I guess we need somebody to weigh them to really tell a difference but it may be that the three seat model has have your tires.
Well I guess , my idea doesn't apply. Dang it man!

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp