P1000 Clearing a trail with plow?

Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I will ask you all here :)

I have 5 acres of small scrub oaks (2" diameter) and palmettos here in Florida and want to clear a trail for riding my P1000 and my sons atv. Has anyone used their P1000 with the plow on the front for clearing some land? I wonder if the pioneer has enough umf to push through some small trees and brush?

It probably won't do palmettos as I nor all have to rent a mini excavator or use a grubbing hoe or pick axe to get those up, but using the pioneer like like a John Deere tractor, is it possible?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I say give it a shot and take some video to share with us! You don't know til you try!;)

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I will ask you all here :)

I have 5 acres of small scrub oaks (2" diameter) and palmettos here in Florida and want to clear a trail for riding my P1000 and my sons atv. Has anyone used their P1000 with the plow on the front for clearing some land? I wonder if the pioneer has enough umf to push through some small trees and brush?

It probably won't do palmettos as I nor all have to rent a mini excavator or use a grubbing hoe or pick axe to get those up, but using the pioneer like like a John Deere tractor, is it possible?
With 5 acres,if you are able, go through it with a chainsaw and cut everything low, you will be fine, shouldn't take long.

Reactions: sporttrac4x4
D

Dasmoeturhead

If your going to try and push the 2" trees down, your going to beat up your pioneer pretty good. I've bent one of the plow blades spring reinforcement by just pushing gravel. Look at the front end of your Pioneer, and tell me if the 4 bolts holding your plows attachment plate will hold up. Good luck. I'd hate to see ya bust anything.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get a tow behind field and brush mower.

Reactions: swsebek