Reactions: Lady01
jshafe87

jshafe87

Oct 12, 2021
Decatur, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whoa, that looks fast!
It's red so it's obviously the fastest. I actually wanted blue but the wife liked red and red is what the dealer had so I was willing to compromise and get it
Can you run some test.
Is white hot?
And if you flip it, does the white stay hot or does it flash?
When I flipped the white and yellow the signal clicked even when it was not activated on the switch. I don't believe the lights actually blinked though. If I would have activated the switch in that direction I think it would make the lights blink.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When I flipped the white and yellow the signal clicked even when it was not activated on the switch. I don't believe the lights actually blinked though. If I would have activated the switch in that direction I think it would make the lights blink.
I mean, when you flip the switch to say LEFT does the white stay hot or does it pulse?

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can you run some test.
Is white hot?
And if you flip it, does the white stay hot or does it flash?
Sorry boss, just went in for the night. I will when i tackle it tomorrow

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nope.... Not going to work.
I thought I had a idea, but it doesn't work after I draw it out.
No way to do it with basic wiring.... that is... to make it lit all the time, yet only flash left or right when switched.
Have to throw in some extra stuff that really overcomplicates things.
I recommend making it lit all the time and installing secondary left/right arrows somewhere around the display.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and trigger
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn't find the diagram I wanted from Carling, though doubtless they have the same switch. It's an on-off-on with two independent LEDs.

You can see the wiring diagram here (scroll down to page 3): Switch wiring

jshafe87

jshafe87

Oct 12, 2021
Decatur, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn't find the diagram I wanted from Carling, though doubtless they have the same switch. It's an on-off-on with two independent LEDs.

You can see the wiring diagram here (scroll down to page 3): Switch wiring
That wiring would make only the bottom light flash no matter which signal was activated and the top light always active. That would be better than nothing I guess.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That would be better than nothing I guess.
Na dont settle for half ass!
thats what the Country did in Washington and look where were at now 🤣

Reactions: trigger
jshafe87

jshafe87

Oct 12, 2021
Decatur, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Na dont settle for half ass!
thats what the Country did in Washington and look where were at now 🤣
My buddy has a light kit from Corbin and his switch works the way I want so maybe I need to see how his is wired. I am just not sure if there is maybe more going on with his lighting controller that would effect the lighting on the switch.

jshafe87

jshafe87

Oct 12, 2021
Decatur, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would this setup work or would the lights only flash when activated as they do now? Pins 8 & 10 are independent light source pins.

5=L of flasher relay
4=Left turn signal
6=Right turn signal

To make lights inside switch flash when selected: jumper 8 to 6 and jumper 10 to 4

Lastly, provide a 12v- (ground) to terminals 7 & 9.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That wiring would make only the bottom light flash no matter which signal was activated and the top light always active. That would be better than nothing I guess.

Guess I'm not understanding what you are after? The illuminated switches I've seen have one or most often two LEDs. Are you trying to get background illumination and then also have each "arrow" or end of the switch flash when it's respective turn signal is flashing? I.e. one end flash for left turn and the other for right turn?

jshafe87

jshafe87

Oct 12, 2021
Decatur, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess I'm not understanding what you are after? The illuminated switches I've seen have one or most often two LEDs. Are you trying to get background illumination and then also have each "arrow" or end of the switch flash when it's respective turn signal is flashing? I.e. one end flash for left turn and the other for right turn?
Yes, you description is correct. When not being used I want the switch to light up like the picture below. When I engage the left signal the arrow pointing left would flash. Then when the right signal is engaged the right arrow would flash. If you go to the 50 second mark of the video linked you can see the function in action.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope.... Not going to work.
I thought I had a idea, but it doesn't work after I draw it out.
No way to do it with basic wiring.... that is... to make it lit all the time, yet only flash left or right when switched.
Have to throw in some extra stuff that really overcomplicates things.
I recommend making it lit all the time and installing secondary left/right arrows somewhere around the display.

I had a Teryx with two bb-size green LEDs drilled into the dash on both sides of the display. They were wired to the turn signals so they'd blink when the lights did. I liked that and it may not be too hard to replicate.

I wish I knew more about the brand and set up, but the machine's gone. The lights were like this.

Last edited: