P1000 Cab Air flow

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Made some air deflectors to get better air flow past occupants. Makes a differents.
Air deflector jpg23479

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Much better! That's a good idea I imagine it works well

Sent from iPhone

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I'm confused and not seeing it. Lol
I think he has a Honda split windshield and the air comes in and then up the inside of the top piece of the windshield and then he deflects it back down... That's what I'm seeing.. But I could be wrong

advertisement
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think he has a Honda split windshield and the air comes in and then up the inside of the top piece of the windshield and then he deflects it back down... That's what I'm seeing.. But I could be wrong
That is exactly how it works . Sorry should have explain how it worked.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I made it out of an air dam . (The piece of plastic that is mounted under the front bumper) . These pieces were cut out of a dam from a Chev pickup. I originally used Velcro To put it on the roof. I found that I could make it more adjustable by puttin it on the roll bar. I could change the angle and direct the air better. I put 2 strips of Velcro around the bar. I put 2 strips of Velcro that lined up on deflector. 2 slots were then cut into the deflector so that a strap could be run around the bar and tighten the deflector in the chosen position. I have a few different position that the deflectors can be mounted. Hope that answers any questions.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I made it out of an air dam . (The piece of plastic that is mounted under the front bumper) . These pieces were cut out of a dam from a Chev pickup. I originally used Velcro To put it on the roof. I found that I could make it more adjustable by puttin it on the roll bar. I could change the angle and direct the air better. I put 2 strips of Velcro around the bar. I put 2 strips of Velcro that lined up on deflector. 2 slots were then cut into the deflector so that a strap could be run around the bar and tighten the deflector in the chosen position. I have a few different position that the deflectors can be mounted. Hope that answers any questions.
Yep, much better, thanks for the information

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about installing a fan for cooling in summer and aiming it at inside of glass windshield by drivers side to keep off foggy buildup from rain and moisture. I will mount basic 12 volt rotating fan in ceiling area between passenger and drivers side, so on cooler rainy days hunting can control inside of full glass windshield and keep it clear. Will post pic after install.

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking of doing something similar to this except that they would be mounted on the side of the front roll cage, because I have the glass windshield. They would act similar to the old school wing windows on pickup trucks.

Reactions: Hawk53 and drfubar
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is your deflector up against the windshield? and how rigid is your air dam mounted?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is not against the windshield and it is not very rigid. It is sitting on the Velcro and the strap tightens it up a little bit.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is what I had came up with along the same lines, have you tried moving yours closer to your roof, to catch more air?

Reactions: Ridem32
advertisement