JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good news, I bought it. Seems like a very clean machine and even has service records that were kept by the local Honda shop. I do have a couple of questions. Once I got it home I did some investigating under the hood and found a little black box tied into the battery directly. Anybody know what this is? I’ll attach pics.
Also found a wire that is not connected near the battery that looks like a factory wire and even has a “clip” to hold it in place. everything is working as far as I can tell so I’m not sure what that could be, and looks to go into the main wiring harness making it nearly impossible to trace. ill also attach a picture.

View attachment 434596 View attachment 434597 View attachment 434598
The wire with the blue tape is a factory ground wire for.......... whatever you want I guess 🤷‍♂️

The little black box might be some sort of Lo-Jack type thing???.......use the serial/model numbers there on the back to look it up maybe 👍

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good news, I bought it. Seems like a very clean machine and even has service records that were kept by the local Honda shop. I do have a couple of questions. Once I got it home I did some investigating under the hood and found a little black box tied into the battery directly. Anybody know what this is? I’ll attach pics.
Also found a wire that is not connected near the battery that looks like a factory wire and even has a “clip” to hold it in place. everything is working as far as I can tell so I’m not sure what that could be, and looks to go into the main wiring harness making it nearly impossible to trace. ill also attach a picture.

View attachment 434596 View attachment 434597 View attachment 434598
Awesome - congrats and enjoy!!!!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
The small box looks like possibly a controller for whip lights or rock lights...
doesn't seem like that kind of buggy though

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Congrats on the buggy, sounds like a good deal.

As for the black box I'm betting it's some sort of gps tracker/Lo-Jack sort of thing. Disconnect the wires and throw it in the trash 😂

advertisement