Last edited:
Reactions: CID
W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
A good harness will help a bunch. Much of the throttle problem is from your body bouncing around. A good harness set and 30" tires will do the trick.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree the bouncy throttle has been an issue. Especially when your going slow though rough steep stuff. I do believe the learning curve helps and I think once the machine is broken in some it goes away some, or I've gotten use to it. Good input on here. I do like the idea of a cable adjustment in conjunction with a heavier spring. The foot support seems like an easy one as well. Good write up with good input. Thanks.

R

Rocko340

Aug 18, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This pedal will take some getting used to. Test driving 3 different machines the Talon throttle got me when I crossed a small ditch, I had to look at my wife and say "that wasn't me". I'm sure I would get used to it, the other 2 machines were no issue.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's controllable with a little time behind the wheel. If you're a utube kinda guy here's a video in the rocks and you can hear that I'm not having any jumpy throttle problems. I haven't done anything to the throttle, I just rest my foot against the tunnel which helps my keep my ankle from rocking (stock seat belt).

The highlight(?) is at 6:20.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
This pedal will take some getting used to. Test driving 3 different machines the Talon throttle got me when I crossed a small ditch, I had to look at my wife and say "that wasn't me". I'm sure I would get used to it, the other 2 machines were no issue.
The others you drove were belt drive probably . Talon hit the gas, IT GOES ! Belt drive , you hit the gas ,,,the belt tightens up and eventually you go .

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The others you drove were belt drive probably . Talon hit the gas, IT GOES ! Belt drive , you hit the gas ,,,the belt tightens up and eventually you go .
I've been thinking about a heel stop made out of a busted piece of skid plate? That would be easy to clean around.

Reactions: Iowamike
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I've been thinking about a heel stop made out of a busted piece of skid plate? That would be easy to clean around.
Really the best fix is a ThrottleMax . They work GREAT and if you are just flying you can flip it up and it's as if it wasn't there . If they don't have a Talon one in stock , the Pioneer 500 one they sell fits and works perfectly . After my first rock climbing trip I came home and popped the one off my Pioneer and put it on the Talon .

Reactions: TripleB
R

Rocko340

Aug 18, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm a little wary ot the Throttle Maxx, that thing is dragging on the floor. Any debris on the floor, mud etc could hang it up. I know everyone will say it's been great and no problems and I hope it stays that way but it's not for me.

advertisement
R

Rocko340

Aug 18, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Yes but one I drove has some low gear throttle mapping which keeps throttle input very smooth in bumpy terrain.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm a little wary ot the Throttle Maxx, that thing is dragging on the floor. Any debris on the floor, mud etc could hang it up. I know everyone will say it's been great and no problems and I hope it stays that way but it's not for me.
Hey , no worries . Mine has been on the Talon for over a year and 2 years on the P5 with no issues . Another almost free fix is get a BIG thick sponge or the likes and attach to the under side of the gas pedal . Have a friend using this method and she likes it .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If they don't have a Talon one in stock , the Pioneer 500 one they sell fits and works perfectly
Good to know....😎

B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
throttle max helps but you cant polish a turd....

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
took throttle max off my p5 before trading it, fits talon fine with a little persuasion from a hammer. had it on for about a year. it does help--more with ergos than anything, still touchy as all hell. had it get stuck on the ripples in floor board a few times--that happens more often than not when i get the buggy air-borne. need to bend the tip up just a whisker to help it slide. been meaning to bend mine a little more. it really needs a heavier spring in the cockpit on the stock throttle IMO. --i still prefer the talons SNAP over my wifes RZR 1K soggy mush pile of a throttle/response.

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Really the best fix is a ThrottleMax . They work GREAT and if you are just flying you can flip it up and it's as if it wasn't there . If they don't have a Talon one in stock , the Pioneer 500 one they sell fits and works perfectly . After my first rock climbing trip I came home and popped the one off my Pioneer and put it on the Talon .
I hope youre right about the pioneer 500 throttlemaxx fitting the talon. I ordered me one. :D

Reactions: Josh97stang
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Best fix is the X4, it doesn’t have the problem. Maybe length of cable absorbing it some....🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Smitty335
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have trouble holding steady with gas pedal on slow rocky trails. Has anyone found a fix or a tip to help prevent the bucking bronco syndrome!
I have the same questions..

S

stephanedube

Jul 1, 2019
canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
bandit tender spring and i add little spring on gas pedal . no more bouncy throttle.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
advertisement