Black Hills SD pics

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have wanted to ride the Black Hills area for awhile, any one have an idea where I should base out of?
We stayed at the KOA in Hill City. It’s a little bit on the south end but puts you close to the monuments and Custer State Park. Being that you can ride the roads I think we would stay there again.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
KOA
EE53A969 33E4 4056 A819 C30A044988F7

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I have wanted to ride the Black Hills area for awhile, any one have an idea where I should base out of?

Black Hills National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping

That’s where you can find the closings alerts etc.

Most gas stations sell permits. Easy to get.

I like using the Avenza maps app. If you search the link you can find which downloads you need.

You really can’t go wrong with any location in the Black Hills. Best to call the campground ahead of time and simply ask.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Black Hills National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping

That’s where you can find the closings alerts etc.

Most gas stations sell permits. Easy to get.

I like using the Avenza maps app. If you search the link you can find which downloads you need.

You really can’t go wrong with any location in the Black Hills. Best to call the campground ahead of time and simply ask.
The Avenza app worked great for out there. Tried using it back here in michigan and feel it doesn’t show as much. Will keep playing with it for a bit. Really liked how the tracker worked out there and how you could change colors for different days.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where can I go to look at more info at black hills? So many different resorts

Reactions: Rockydog
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The Avenza app worked great for out there. Tried using it back here in michigan and feel it doesn’t show as much. Will keep playing with it for a bit. Really liked how the tracker worked out there and how you could change colors for different days.
Interesting , haven’t tried it Since we got back. I really like the Maplets here for Mich. it has worked very well. Wish it covered more areas in the western states

Reactions: tr005
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where can I go to look at more info at black hills? So many different resorts
Just do a review of the resorts. I think u can’t go wrong with any of them as long as they got a good review. The Mt Rushmore KOA is really nice, you can ride out of that resort to other trails and they have there own private trails to ride out of also

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Taking the kids there on Sunday. I did not know it was that tight. Did you cross in the 1000?
Yes, just those two bridges. The trails were fine.

Reactions: TimG and tr005
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to work just outside the north east gate of CSP right on iron mountain road.
CSP was pretty cool. We entered and exited thru Needles hwy. Did the wildlife loop. Not sure I would recommend doing that at dusk. Passing through the buffalo herd at dusk was a little unnerving. They are huge compared to the p1000.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
They will flip Harleys. Spokane creek cabins and campgrounds was where I was. The guy that owned it was the fire chief. He would bring fire science students up to work for him but he had a substation on site and of a call came in we were his fulltime fd during the summer when call volume increased. During the rally we would run up to 10 motorcycle accidents a day.

Reactions: tr005
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They will flip Harleys. Spokane creek cabins and campgrounds was where I was. The guy that owned it was the fire chief. He would bring fire science students up to work for him but he had a substation on site and of a call came in we were his fulltime fd during the summer when call volume increased. During the rally we would run up to 10 motorcycle accidents a day.
I believe it. There was a small bull about 80 Yards off the road that started running towards the road and man can they move fast. I lost site of him and was just cruising along and my wife says “can you go a little faster he’s gaining on us”. Probably pissed some people in a pickup off when I buzzed around him but I wasn’t waiting for that bull to catch up.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I believe it. There was a small bull about 80 Yards off the road that started running towards the road and man can they move fast. I lost site of him and was just cruising along and my wife says “can you go a little faster he’s gaining on us”. Probably pissed some people in a pickup off when I buzzed around him but I wasn’t waiting for that bull to catch up.
We had people come in bragging about putting their kids on the bison's back for pics.

Right before I got there they had a fatality. Bull walked towards a guy out of his car taking pics. Guy didn't get in. Bull goes by brushing him and dude doesn't get in. Bull turns and hooks him in the side and tosses him in the air. Dude is dead about the time he hits the ground from blood loss.

advertisement