Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You think 30's will fit with a highlighter lift and no forward a arms?

I'm going to say probably not. At least I hope not. I hope that these tires are true to size.

Reactions: JTW
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
You think 30's will fit with a highlighter lift and no forward a arms?

We've got a Teryx trade in with a highlifter kit on it. Man it's a cheezy looking set-up.
30's will be tougher yet on your clutches;)

Reactions: trigger
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
With 750 miles last year during hunting season on my original tires and looking for a spare on EBay....Found a set of brand New takeoffs I had to go for - Bighorn 2.0's on 5"/7.5" steel rims from a Yamaha SxS. They are 25-8-12 front with +.5" backspace and 25-11-12 with +1.5" backspace. Also pull out the sway bar. Now I sit at 51.5" on rear and 50.5" on front. Should be more stable, do a little better on the low traction stuff, still fit the posts on our 50" trails out West, and I can use one of the originals aired up tight for a carry along spare. All for $275. Our archery hunt starts in 3 weeks so I will report back after I log some miles. Who thinks this was a good idea? Any recommends on a tire pressure? Do I air them for the same pressure front vs: rear, or the same rolling radius? I say rolling radius since the loaded weight is different front vs: rear and tire size is different.

WB

Last edited:
Reactions: TXBubba
advertisement
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
With 750 miles last year during hunting season on my original tires and looking for a spare on EBay....Found a set of brand New takeoffs I had to go for - Bighorn 2.0's on 5"/7.5" steel rims from a Yamaha SxS. They are 25-8-12 front with +.5" backspace and 25-11-12 with +1.5" backspace. Also pull out the sway bar. Now I sit at 51.5" on rear and 50.5" on front. Should be more stable, do a little better on the low traction stuff, still fit the posts on our 50" trails out West, and I can use one of the originals aired up tight for a carry along spare. All for $275. Our archery hunt starts in 3 weeks so I will report back after I log some miles. Who thinks this was a good idea? Any recommends on a tire pressure? Do I air them for the same pressure front vs: rear, or the same rolling radius? I say rolling radius since the loaded weight is different front vs: rear and tire size is different.

WB

UPDATE:

Took a 3 hour ride in the mountains Sat 8-5-17. Started with all tires at 8 psi. Changed to 6 psi all the way around after the first hour. HUGE improvement in ride and traction. Did not notice any difference in tippy-ness (tilto-meter sitting next to me did not go off! LOL) I will probably try 5 and maybe 4 psi before I settle on the final number.

WB