Sent from iPhone

Reactions: JTW
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Back on topic...
When I added the hard mid-panel, it reduced the dust a lot in the front seat. But the back still gets very dusty.
I've been using a 48 inch lund truck chest. I still got a bit of dust in there but some weather stripping should sort that out.
I put a 2x4 under it and it sits in that spot very well (p1k-5) without the bed liner. I strapped it down but doesn't seem to need it.
IMG 3189 Untitled

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well I've got the 1000 and still trying to get my grubby little fingers on a 500 too. Can't go wrong!

J

JTW

Well I've got the 1000 and still trying to get my grubby little fingers on a 500 too. Can't go wrong!
I have to have something by the 6th! And if I don't have a Honda by the 1st, I'm buying something else. I just don't know what! I'm torn on a 1000 5 because I love the seating but just don't care for how big they are. That's my whole reason for the 500.. My buddy just bought a popo 800 and it's bad ass but I don't like or trust a popo for what I want.. And realistically, I'm not a "let's tear s*** up" kind of driver.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have to have something by the 6th! And if I don't have a Honda by the 1st, I'm buying something else. I just don't know what! I'm torn on a 1000 5 because I love the seating but just don't care for how big they are. That's my whole reason for the 500.. My buddy just bought a popo 800 and it's bad ass but I don't like or trust a popo for what I want.. And realistically, I'm not a "let's tear s*** up" kind of driver.
Don't get me started on popo! To each his own though everyone has different needs.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Jbird sorry messing your thread up so badly...like Joey said though no windshield will help the cabin the best. Rear window by itself may help a little as well but you have to keep pressure. Also I had mud busters on the 700 and that helped some. Something sealed up like ghost mentioned will be your best bet for protection of your riding items. You can seal up a few gaps but that's a lot of work for the amount of effort especially in a five passenger. The bed liner you have was a good move in the 5. Foam in between the front of the box and the bed may help a little. These things aren't great because of open enclosure. Jeeps do the same thing to a degree.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: ohanacreek
J

JTW

To the op... Put some Velcro strips around the top of the bed and have a canvas or vinyl cover made to fit. Hell, you could cut it to size and have the strips sewn on. That's similar to how one of my truck bed covers works.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
To the op... Put some Velcro strips around the top of the bed and have a canvas or vinyl cover made to fit. Hell, you could cut it to size and have the strips sewn on. That's similar to how one of my truck bed covers works.
With their bed liner that would help Be a great accessory actually. Honda...paying attention????

advertisement
J

JTW

With their bed liner that would help Be a great accessory actually. Honda...paying attention????
In fact.. A trip to a local junk yard and you could probably find a wreaked truck and buy the bed cover to chop down for little to nothing.

W

Williamjohnson

Aug 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys - question for the group about dust and the bed. After numerous rides anything I have in the bed is completely covered in dust.

I have a 100-5 with a hard top, glass windshield, and fabric mid panel. Sometimes the dust swirling in the cab is horrible and others its tolerable. What really bugs me is the dust in the bed. Has anyone seen anything like a tonneau cover for the bed? I was thinking maybe that would help to keep the dust from covering everything.
I built one. Snaps and some vinyl