P1000 Bed Cover?

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys - question for the group about dust and the bed. After numerous rides anything I have in the bed is completely covered in dust.

I have a 100-5 with a hard top, glass windshield, and fabric mid panel. Sometimes the dust swirling in the cab is horrible and others its tolerable. What really bugs me is the dust in the bed. Has anyone seen anything like a tonneau cover for the bed? I was thinking maybe that would help to keep the dust from covering everything.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would some type of spoiler on the rear of the roof stop the dust from being sucked back in?
We are on vacation trail riding in the Colorado mountains and everything in our P1K-5, including us, is covered in fine dust.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys - question for the group about dust and the bed. After numerous rides anything I have in the bed is completely covered in dust.

I have a 100-5 with a hard top, glass windshield, and fabric mid panel. Sometimes the dust swirling in the cab is horrible and others its tolerable. What really bugs me is the dust in the bed. Has anyone seen anything like a tonneau cover for the bed? I was thinking maybe that would help to keep the dust from covering everything.

The rear panel helps some but the best is to have positive pressure in the cab. The easiest way to do that for most people is to have the windshield removed or open.

Others have tried to add hood scoops to the roof to grab air and create positive pressure, but I don't know how well that worked.

I know you're frustration because I deal with the same problems. Since I have added the rear panel and typically drive slower speeds, it's not that big of an issue.

Hopefully some others will chime in with some ideas.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Reactions: CumminsPusher
A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe some type of spoiler or diffuser would help?

I really like having the windshield to keep the rain and bugs off. This past couple weeks hunting we got rained on pretty good, its too bad there isn't a flip up option for the glass windshield like the Polaris has. I typically drive at slower speeds too but for some reason it seems as the back pulls in a ton of dust.

I was thinking maybe something like this might help

Arctic Cat Prowler New Hardwood Camo BED TONNEAU COVER New Utv Atv Duster

Reactions: JTW
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I wish it was dust that I was trying to keep out of my bed... Mud is my problem along with @joeymt33 and the rest of the Bull Run crew... But I do know what you are talking about. My driveway, especially this year is nothing but dust when I take a ride down to the other end of the property. I guess the only thing at this time would be to get a custom cover with snaps but that would be a pain everytime you wanted to put something in the bed...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish it was dust that I was trying to keep out of my bed... Mud is my problem along with @joeymt33 and the rest of the Bull Run crew... But I do know what you are talking about. My driveway, especially this year is nothing but dust when I take a ride down to the other end of the property. I guess the only thing at this time would be to get a custom cover with snaps but that would be a pain everytime you wanted to put something in the bed...
DrF you should reword the first sentence...:)

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wish it was dust that I was trying to keep out of my Pioneer bed... Mud is my problem along with @joeymt33 and the rest of the Bull Run crew... But I do know what you are talking about. My driveway, especially this year is nothing but dust when I take a ride down to the other end of the property. I guess the only thing at this time would be to get a custom cover with snaps but that would be a pain everytime you wanted to put something in the bed...
DrF you should reword the first sentence...:)
Thanks... always need someone watching out for me... You'll understand that better after April 2017;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last edited:
Reactions: drfubar
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do the best I can sometimes at not blurting out what I'm thinking. That's why I edit a lot

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Someone was looking for help to get deer into bed in another thread. Still makes me laugh :D
Thanks for not not making me the only one by speaking up!

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pioneer Takeover 2017 is what we were referring. @Hondasxs looks to have more on this shortly. Hope to see you there! Pretty sure it'll be epic!

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: vince
J

JTW

Pioneer Takeover this 2017 is what we were referring. @Hondasxs looks to have more on this shortly.

Sent from iPhone
Yep.. I'm going to plan on making that. I'm anxiously awaiting the info!! Of course I may have a damn Yamaha if my s*** doesn't come in soon!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're still in on anything. Thank god it's at least a Yami though. I wouldn't want to break out my Polaris recovery strap

Sent from iPhone

advertisement