P1000m5 Base vs Deluxe vs LE

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had no problems with the stock wheels. I was happy with the performance of the stock bighorns as well. Last year at the Takeover was the first time I was made aware of the 4ply rating and everyone warned me about sidewall tears. The next day one in our group tore a sidewall so it became a priority. Tires are confusing on here. Lol
I ended up with Pitbull Rocker on stock rims and they work great for me. I went with narrow front wide rear like stock.

20190109 112701 20190108 212647

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
The EPS and paddles are all I would really care about myself. The only thing I would care about on the LE is the shocks, but I wouldn't want the I4wd under any circumstance, so no go there. LE does look nice, though. As others said, really depends on the price difference.

Exactly my thoughts, thus why I went with the base model. Came from a 08 Ranger....by comparison stock shocks are fine for now.

Can’t stand the cheapo brake burning electric limited slip crap that auto mfgers pawn off as better (see cheaper)than true lockers or LS, sure as heck don’t want it on my trail rig.

I’m intelligent enough to bump into locked before the mudhole.

Considering taking the hood and front fenders off and doing a full blackout rig!

If you like to tinker and tweak, the base is best imo.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly my thoughts, thus why I went with the base model. Came from a 08 Ranger....by comparison stock shocks are fine for now.

Can’t stand the cheapo brake burning electric limited slip crap that auto mfgers pawn off as better (see cheaper)than true lockers or LS, sure as heck don’t want it on my trail rig.

I’m intelligent enough to bump into locked before the mudhole.

Considering taking the hood and front fenders off and doing a full blackout rig!

If you like to tinker and tweak, the base is best imo.
That is bout what the Talon will have.

Reactions: sharp
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. I've heard all about how the i-drive is amazing; it is. Yet I still want bona-fide lockers on a dedicated trail rig.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dont let the ignorance and lack of understanding of some sway you from a good machine. The I-4wd is not a "must have" by any means but it is definitely not a "must avoid" either. If you find a great deal on one dont be afraid to get it.

That said, price between the 3 is the biggest factor. It sounds like a base model is what would fit you best and add what you want. The fox shocks are definitely worth having especially if you can get a good deal on a machine that already has them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Which offers the better value with the 1k5? I think for me, I’d rather go with a base and spend the difference on the upgrades I see fit. I know the LE has some stuff you can’t add to a base though (hillstart, brake force, I4wd).
The one thing you might want to consider is at least the EPS or Deluxe level if not for nothing more than the power steering from the factory. If you start modifying the machine to what you think you need, you will soon wish you had it to start with. That being said, shop the best price for what you want.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I got the Deluxe when i got mine. If I was to do it again It would be the LE or Base w/ eps. Door panels can be added, led bulbs and lightbars make up for the headlights, and id change wheels and tires anyway. If the LE was within 1000-1500 more Id pick that. Otherwise Id go with the base and add the stuff myself. (Skid plate, shocks, wheels and tires, bumper would be my priorities. YMMV)

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The one thing you might want to consider is at least the EPS or Deluxe level if not for nothing more than the power steering from the factory. If you start modifying the machine to what you think you need, you will soon wish you had it to start with. That being said, shop the best price for what you want.
Someone said a 5 seat does not come in a model without power steering. Is that true or false.

Reactions: sharp and Todd627
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Someone said a 5 seat does not come in a model without power steering. Is that true or false.

I believe the base 1000-5 does but now I'm going to have to check. :D

advertisement
G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have had no problems with the stock wheels. I was happy with the performance of the stock bighorns as well. Last year at the Takeover was the first time I was made aware of the 4ply rating and everyone warned me about sidewall tears. The next day one in our group tore a sidewall so it became a priority. Tires are confusing on here. Lol
I ended up with Pitbull Rocker on stock rims and they work great for me. I went with narrow front wide rear like stock.

View attachment 102331 View attachment 102333
I believe the base 1000-5 does, but now I'm going to have to check. :D

Honda website shows all 1000-5s come with eps if I’m looking at it right

G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What’s the biggest size tire can you run on the different models?

Hoping a stock 1k-5 will run 28” terrabites. They look good for my use and I can get all matching 14”wheels (maybe even beadlock) and terrabites for under $1K

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement