P1000 Auxillary power strip?

O

ONfarmer

Oct 16, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I currently have a 2014 700-4 that we use on the farm. I have a clover spreader and a mobile gps that we use on it. The spreader draws about 25 amps on start up and 14 running. Not sure on the gps display but it is a lot less than that. Both harnesses for these accessories have their own fuses and relays, so we always wired them directly to the battery terminals and it worked fine. Although the battery on the 700 made it a pain being under the seat.

I am now looking to trade to a 1000. Right away I see that the battery is in a much better spot, under the hood. I have read a lot of posts on here about installing accessories using the accessory wiring. But I was looking for advice on if I should be wiring in some form of an auxillary power strip that would allow me to connect multiple things to the battery, or if simply keeping those two existing accessories wired up to the battery posts would be ok on the 1000?. Again, both of the harnesses for them have their own fuses and relays already, so I just need power and ground.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I currently have a 2014 700-4 that we use on the farm. I have a clover spreader and a mobile gps that we use on it. The spreader draws about 25 amps on start up and 14 running. Not sure on the gps display but it is a lot less than that. Both harnesses for these accessories have their own fuses and relays, so we always wired them directly to the battery terminals and it worked fine. Although the battery on the 700 made it a pain being under the seat.

I am now looking to trade to a 1000. Right away I see that the battery is in a much better spot, under the hood. I have read a lot of posts on here about installing accessories using the accessory wiring. But I was looking for advice on if I should be wiring in some form of an auxillary power strip that would allow me to connect multiple things to the battery, or if simply keeping those two existing accessories wired up to the battery posts would be ok on the 1000?. Again, both of the harnesses for them have their own fuses and relays already, so I just need power and ground.
you will get 1000 answers on this and recommendations to use multiple batteries\etc, push to test buttons, is a second lithium battery the best, etc......

here is mine

if thats all you are running - wire it like the 700 and move on - each device is protected with a fuse\own relay and switched - not fancy but getting it done with no frills

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Direct to the battery should be fine. The DTC can be a little finicky with voltage. If it gives you trouble you can change it up later. IMHO.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I currently have a 2014 700-4
Welcome from the Lower 42
Please post up pics of your rig POIDH
I am now looking to trade to a 1000.
And of this one when u get it!
Rule#4 POIDH

I Suggest a second battery no matter how many accessories you have. Cuz these rigs like clean voltage. Also, you WILL eventually add more so why do it twice right? So…
Buy Once Cry Once! 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayger143
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Either way, one or two batteries (and I recommend two if you have a winch etc.), it is important to locate fuses, or a power strip or sub-fuse pane; close to the battery. That way the fuse protects both the device being powered and the wiring that delivers that power. You don't want an unfused pinched or abraded wire shorting to frame and starting a fire.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!