Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm sorry, something is still not sounding right.
Is your CIG plug working, Do you have anything to test it.
Yeah ;) So pulled the fuse and same thing still happens...so that would mean it's the wrong wires...but the right color??
IDK... Its got to be something stupid. like right in our face stupid. lol.

View attachment 81870

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
J

JTW

Just for s***s and giggles jump off the accessory/cig plug with a positap. Maybe plug something up to the cig plug before to make sure it’s working correctly.

Reactions: BWAF and Hondasxs
D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah ;) So pulled the fuse and same thing still happens...so that would mean it's the wrong wires...but the right color??

Now maybe this is interesting the 12V outlet in the cab works fine, would bit be better to tap there...seen some posts folks using that?

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm sorry, this is my last bit of help for tonight. off to bed.

So here is all the wires for the fuse pane.

What you are describing
(It stays on when in the START POSITION)
is exactly what you should see from the 10A START wires, I just noticed they are white/black too.
Not sure what the DIODE does.

Now, the 15A Acc fuse.
The BI/R wire runs to the IGN switch connector, It changes color across the plugin runing to the switch.
The two white with black strips, one goes to the CIG lighter plug. The other to the Rear of your machine for a backup alarm.

We already tested it but for s***s and giggles, Do you have anything to test yoru CIG lighter acc plug? like a air compresses or cell phone charger?
IF you have power then you differently have the wrong wire. If you have it for 2 seconds, Ya.. somethign is F-ed up.

Upload 2018 7 24 1 35 38

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use the CIG wire and be done with it. lol.
That is what I was thinking, just trying to find an easy way to tap the cig wire...can't seem to find an easy spot.....the start wire explanation makes sense....maybe taking another look they did seem to be correct....thanks for all the help!!!

advertisement
D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Done works!! Hidden behind the bundle of cables where the OTHER black and white cables....aaarrggghhh!! Thanks HondaSXS!!!
Tip for anyone else the cables are on the side of the second battery....

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the answer was in post number 7 you guys just like to stay up late

Glad you got it ironed out, thanks for the clarification on the wires.

FWIW I had mine set up this way at first. Then i realised when I'm riding and we stop i still want the cb radio on and or the FM radio, also some lights at times. The problem is I have to shut the machine off to kill the engine then turn the key on so I have what I need. It takes 10 seconds to reset everything and also runs the hour meter for no good reason. I decided to install a red rocker switch to control the solenoid and it lights up bright red when on. The light helps me remember to shut it off....most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk