P1000 Anyone use tracks ?

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With winter around the corner I've been thinking about tracks for running in the snow. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with tracks. Is it hard on the machine, are they axle breakers ? If I do get a set I'm leaning toward the Mattracks, so any reviews on that company would be helpful too.
Thanks

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I dont know much about tracks but I do have your avatar.:D
Bartman

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I have only seen this on a P1K5D from 8 months ago.

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
some good videos and links, but still can't find an answer to the burning question of do you have to modify the machine to put the tracks on. The guy from Mattracks said " maybe some minor trimming" but wouldn't get into details about what that trimming might entail. Sent an email to Camso, formerly Camoplast, and they didn't answer my question at all, just stated they had a set to fit. They are both very pricey, over $5K, I'm convinced it will be a beast in the snow with them, I just don't want to hack up my new $20K machine to be able to use them.

Edit; Camso did write back and say I would not have to do anything to the machine to make their tracks fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
HoundDog

HoundDog

Sep 11, 2016
North Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran a set of camoplast tatou t 4s on a 900 ranger and it was awesome. I never had a problem with them other than one of the boggie wheels got a little tore up from a stick getting in there. the machine never complained once. the tracks have a gear reduction built in so the machine would read that you did 1.5 miles in a one mile stretch. I never burned or slipped a belt at al. was in all types of snow and ice. it was kinda rough on the rocky roads, I found myself crawling because it hit the rocks so hard. now they have redesigned them to be better or all types of terrain. the ranger has way less clearance around the tires and they fit just fine. It def makes your machine taller and wider. I am getting some as soon as I have room on the credit card.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont think u need to modify anything, and not sure what small trimming means from Mattracks rep. Call local Mattracks dealer , I have one in Billings, MT, they installed dozen of them on cars and utvs. The last time I spoke to them about installation on P500, I did not recall any trimming should be done.

Since loss of power is not big deal with P1000 compare to P500 , I would personally tried Mattracks Maxim tracks if money no problem , then EZ line, since Maxim will serve way better for deep snow then EZ line .
If some limit in budget then Camoplast , lighter, and a bit longer then EZ from mattracks.

Last edited:
Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And you
I ran a set of camoplast tatou t 4s on a 900 ranger and it was awesome. I never had a problem with them other than one of the boggie wheels got a little tore up from a stick getting in there. the machine never complained once. the tracks have a gear reduction built in so the machine would read that you did 1.5 miles in a one mile stretch. I never burned or slipped a belt at al. was in all types of snow and ice. it was kinda rough on the rocky roads, I found myself crawling because it hit the rocks so hard. now they have redesigned them to be better or all types of terrain. the ranger has way less clearance around the tires and they fit just fine. It def makes your machine taller and wider. I am getting some as soon as I have room on the credit card.
and you would have no problem going with Camso ( formally Camoplast) again ?
Taller and wider, I wonder if I could still haul the machine on my 6X12 trailer ?

Last edited:
Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont think u need to modify anything, and not sure what small trimming means from Mattracks rep. Call local Mattracks dealer , I have one in Billings, MT, they installed dozen of them on cars and utvs. The last time I spoke to them about installation on P500, I did not recall any trimming should be done.

Since loss of power is not big deal with P1000 compare to P500 , I would personally tried Mattracks Maxim tracks if money no problem , then EZ line, since Maxim will serve way better for deep snow them EZ line .
I some limit in budget then Camo , lighter, and a bit longer then EZ from mattracks.
There are no Mattrack dealers in my area, they sell them direct, everyone around here sells the Camso tracks, which in a way might be better if I needed service that I couldn't do myself.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree, try to find local guys on tracks. I was originally all over mattracks because of steel construction vs alloy plastic on camoplast, also no tension cables on mattracks vs camo.

I strongly considered tracks last year, but forest service discouraged me from riding my sxs on snowmobile trails. So I gave up for now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What will be the purpose for your tracks?

Ice fishing ?
Trails?

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What will be the purpose for your tracks?

Ice fishing ?
Trails?

So are you saying that you would go with the Mattracks ?
and yes, I plan on using the tracks for ice fishing and a little trail riding. In Maine if you use an ATV with tracks you have to register it as both an ATV and snowmobile, but you can run on snowmobile trails. Just don't get caught running the groomed trails with tires on, you might get shot at.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes if money no problem and u need to use them for lakes, then the more surface u have the better. Mattracks maxim will be best, then camoplast, then ez mattracks . If mostly muddy or rocky trails then mattracks with shocks , forgot the model line.

Reactions: rocmar
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My friend drowned his sxs, and got this for ice fishing
Received 1136573066376660
Received 1136573959709904
Received 1130902426943724
Received 1130902430277057
Received 1130902203610413

Reactions: JTW and Eltobgi
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One more advice , just call camo and mattracks and ask how much is contact surface , the large the better for deep snow obviously.

advertisement