P1000 any homemade winch mount welded to stock front bumper

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would not attempt to weld anything onto the OEM bumper, if you are going to make a winch mount up high fabricate one and bolt it on. That would eliminate any weakening of the metal, nothing would be worse than being stuck and ripping off part of your bumper and winch because the metal gave way especially on a steep incline. Here is how the Strong Made bumper base / winch mount attaches the winch sans the big overlay piece, I think a standalone design for a winch mount would work ok here as well:

View attachment 9818 View attachment 9819 View attachment 9820
Hi Jackal, do you have any pics showing with the winch mounted too? Im assuming it goes right on top and the winch selected would need to provide the roller fairlead as well?

What is the angle of the cable going to a plow?

Thanks

Phil

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Hi Jackal, do you have any pics showing with the winch mounted too? Im assuming it goes right on top and the winch selected would need to provide the roller fairlead as well?

What is the angle of the cable going to a plow?

Thanks

Phil
Pics of install from 6 years ago here:

Better pics of full install here:

Cable angle for plow? I have no idea.

Reactions: Lady01
M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi thanks, so the mount plate is really a hidden mount for the winch when on top of the bumper but sounds like it cod be used just by itself right? thanks

Phil

Reactions: Lady01
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Hi thanks, so the mount plate is really a hidden mount for the winch when on top of the bumper but sounds like it cod be used just by itself right? thanks

Phil
Yes it could be used by itself without the bumper outer shell.

Reactions: Lady01 and mpilihp