YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know that this topic has been discussed before. But after searching this forum and others, I'm only finding info about a year old with no updates. Could be that I need to refine my search skills though.

So here is the question. What two piece windshield is the best bang for the buck?
I like the fold out from SATV, but if they haven't upgraded the mounting hardware I might be buying a headache. It seems every time I research a two piece it either has design and quality issues or the price is the equivalent to a new glass windshield for my truck. What have you found that provides good air flow for the summer and protection for the winter?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that this topic has been discussed before. But after searching this forum and others, I'm only finding info about a year old with no updates. Could be that I need to refine my search skills though.

So here is the question. What two piece windshield is the best bang for the buck?
I like the fold out from SATV, but if they haven't upgraded the mounting hardware I might be buying a headache. It seems every time I research a two piece it either has design and quality issues or the price is the equivalent to a new glass windshield for my truck. What have you found that provides good air flow for the summer and protection for the winter?

Nothing.

Lexan is cheap easy to mold and high margin at a price a large number will sell

A good glass fold out is low margin high labor at a price few people will pay.

Which would you rather sell?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nothing.

Lexan is cheap easy to mold and high margin at a price a large number will sell

A good glass fold out is low margin high labor at a price few people will pay.

Which would you rather sell?
I need a month to think about my answer

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I did all plastic on a few different rigs. Go glass. Buy once cry once. If you can weld, make a frame and just get a glass company to get you some glass.

It cost me 200 to get my replacement cut

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A

ayoung

Dec 19, 2015
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A plug for the superatv flip windshield...

I was originally going to purchase a flip down windshield, but was glad I didn't.

I went on a mud run on the weekend, and the weather wasn't much above freezing. We needed to travel some high speed roads to get to the mud trails, so I had windshield closed.

When we hit the mud, I opened it fully up. Windshield performed fine fully opened.

Some other guys with flip down shields flipped theirs down onto their hoods, and the shields got totally mud covered.

When we headed back to the truck, I closed my shield and although it was spotted, I could still see through it fine. The other guys... no way.... they froze.

Just something small that I hadn't thought of when I was considering shields.

Cheers