P500 Another light bar question

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
Just curious, what size light bar will fit on the stock bumper, hoop that is on the pioneer. I don't want to start hanging off the cage and just want a little more light than the stock headlights supply. I was looking at the 12" tusk from Rocky Mountain. It appears to be a combo flood, spot which should work at slower speeds around my property at nighttime. Just didn't know if the 12" would fit on the hoop without a lot of rigging. Not planning on adding a bumper, probably a winch down the road which would be mounted under the "hoop" (for lack of a better term).

Reactions: th29nepa
D

Deleted member 3748

Just curious, what size light bar will fit on the stock bumper, hoop that is on the pioneer. I don't want to start hanging off the cage and just want a little more light than the stock headlights supply. I was looking at the 12" tusk from Rocky Mountain. It appears to be a combo flood, spot which should work at slower speeds around my property at nighttime. Just didn't know if the 12" would fit on the hoop without a lot of rigging. Not planning on adding a bumper, probably a winch down the road which would be mounted under the "hoop" (for lack of a better term).

I ordered a 12" from Amazon and it arrived this week. I plan on installing it on Saturday... I'll let you know how it fits on the front bumper.

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
I ordered a 12" from Amazon and it arrived this week. I plan on installing it on Saturday... I'll let you know how it fits on the front bumper.
Thanks, keep me posted, if you can take pics. When finished, it would be a great help in my decision.

D

Deleted member 3748

Thanks, keep me posted, if you can take pics. When finished, it would be a great help in my decision.
I measured my light and it's 7" wide... 10" wide with the clamps and it's not going to be an easy fit because the clamps land right on the bends of the bumper. I may be able to do it if I bought some of the $25 bar mounts, but I'm going to mount it to the bar just below the grill instead. I'm going to try to mount it so the brackets stick almost straight forward. If the light doesn't bounce around, I'll be good. If it does bounce then I'm going to have to come up with another plan. Pics to follow.

I bought this cheap light from Amazon. Amazon.com: Nilight 36w LED Spot Work Light Off Road LED Light Bar 12v LED Light Super Bright for Jeep Cabin/boat/SUV/truck/car/ATVs: Automotive

D

Deleted member 3748

Mostly mounted and ready to go. It's on with hose clamps right now and after a test run in the dark I'll mount it permanently with better clamps or bolts through the bar.
IMAG00474

Reactions: Rustell and rocmar
W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
Mostly mounted and ready to go. It's on with hose clamps right now and after a test run in the dark I'll mount it permanently with better clamps or bolts through the bar.
View attachment 9970
Thanks, looks great! That's where I thought the best place to mount it would be. Any idea how many lumens? I know the 6"tusk from Rocky Mountain is about 3220 which seems pretty good for a small unit. Lot more money for me but it's a complete kit so this dummy shouldn't have to many problems. What kind of winch is that? Suprwich?

D

Deleted member 3748

Thanks, looks great! That's where I thought the best place to mount it would be. Any idea how many lumens? I know the 6"tusk from Rocky Mountain is about 3220 which seems pretty good for a small unit. Lot more money for me but it's a complete kit so this dummy shouldn't have to many problems. What kind of winch is that? Suprwich?

I don't think this light is going to work for front lights. Keep in mind, I'm expecting them to be like a mini version of the Hellas I have on my F150. This light is mostly a flood light. It lights up the trees overhead and street signs several blocks away, but it can't even replace the stock headlights. Pics are in this order (Headlights, NiLight, Both) The NiLight is going to be my rear light. ALso, my winch is a Kolpin 3500# synthetic. All mounts and plow pieces are KFI.

1Headlights 2Nilight 3both

Reactions: rocmar
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the pics PistonHonda. Question: the stock headlight picture, are your bulbs in the stock headlight buckets factory stock bulbs?

thanx,

jrc

D

Deleted member 3748

Thanks for the pics PistonHonda. Question: the stock headlight picture, are your bulbs in the stock headlight buckets factory stock bulbs?

thanx,

jrc
Yes, sir... All stock headlights.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't think this light is going to work for front lights. Keep in mind, I'm expecting them to be like a mini version of the Hellas I have on my F150. This light is mostly a flood light. It lights up the trees overhead and street signs several blocks away, but it can't even replace the stock headlights. Pics are in this order (Headlights, NiLight, Both) The NiLight is going to be my rear light. ALso, my winch is a Kolpin 3500# synthetic. All mounts and plow pieces are KFI.

View attachment 9995 View attachment 9996 View attachment 9997
Hope the twelve inch does better than that when I get it hooked up. It's suppose to be a combination flood/spot!

advertisement
scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
How did you wire it can you walk me through it?

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
41e2nYd0p0L
I got this wire harness off Amazon and was really easy to install. I didn't want to do rocker switches and have to mess up my dash.

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
I also used the wiring harness from Honda which you can get on amazon for like $8 I think it was. I just tied all my positive cables from the relay and switch together and put a male adapter on them and stuck it in the Honda wire harness. I tied the two negative cables together and put a ring terminal it and just grounded it on a bolt by the steering wheel.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, the 12" mounts nicely there, looks good, and provides ample illumination.

advertisement