Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol guess you were expecting to see it getting towed out of a mudhole huh? Well this is the 2nd most popular scenario, its getting towed in for repairs lol. I'm towing it to my hay shed until I get time to work on it. I know this one well. Last time it was at my house it needed a new clutch and another belt. Btw inner clutch hub on these is made out of plastic. Yup you heard right...plastic. The hardest working part is made of plastic.
IMG 20160128 134552343

Reactions: HondaRancher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This time it's in for front axles and an ignition switch. That switch is a joke. Seriously, my 6yr old could design a better switch. He wants another factory switch installed despite my objections.

H

HondaTech

Can-am's are a joke in general. There ignition immobilizer is a ridiculous idea for something that sees so much mud and water.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ignition switch isn't sealed at all. That's why this one keeps messing up cause water keeps corroding the terminals. These would be easy as hell to steal too. Small screwdriver to pop out switch then jump a couple of exposed terminals and off you go.

H

HondaTech

I don't know how people could look @ some of this junk and say "Yeah, I'll spend my hard earned money on that." It's like the Polaris slingshot, the ignition switch label is upside down, so the writing is on the underside of the switch. Polaris explanation is if they put the writing right side up, then water will get in the switch. If your engineers can't figure something simple like that out, what other corners did you guys cut?

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I beg to differ....I had a 07 can am outlander 800 HD....2 UP...... had no problems at all with it...beat the crap out of it
More power than you needed....had it 3 yrs....

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My intent wasn't to bash CanAms with this thread. Kinda meant as a joke with me pulling it around. I was dead serious bout that ignition switch and plastic clutch inner hub though. But over the years there's been a few things Honda did I wasn't too happy about either. Stators for one, especially late 70s and all through the 80s street bikes. The ole CB750 being the worst. And pushrods. I'll never buy a new atv til Honda goes back to OHC like the 300s.