P1000 Alumilite armour or SXS windshield?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really impressed with the quality, this thing is extremely well made. I anticipate leaving it on year round and removing the window if need be. It also helps hide wires running up the cage to lights, radio, etc. I have to change the visor I had on the roof and reinstall. I didn't get to it today but will shortly.

Let me know your questions. View attachment 94151View attachment 94152View attachment 94153

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If you had to pay full price would you? And yeah the question was asked, I wonder if the seizmik soft doors would work. I think they require a mount to that front roll bar, its their hinge. I',m thinking the way the windshield wraps the roll bar that aint happening. Any chance of getting measurements or pics where this attaches up top? I have an overhead stereo that uses the front top roll bar. And thank you so much for the pics and the feedback on it! It's truly appreciated!

Reactions: Montecresto
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My windshield, roof & back should be delivered in 2-3 weeks or sooner...Any idea if the Seismik door package will fit the alumilite armor package? Windshield looks nice...

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
That's a question I would love to know as well. I'm thinking its a problem because the hinge for their door mounts on the roll bar and the way that windshield wraps I'm thinking a no go without possibly cutting the windshield frame out.

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you had to pay full price would you? And yeah the question was asked, I wonder if the seizmik soft doors would work. I think they require a mount to that front roll bar, its their hinge. I',m thinking the way the windshield wraps the roll bar that aint happening. Any chance of getting measurements or pics where this attaches up top? I have an overhead stereo that uses the front top roll bar. And thank you so much for the pics and the feedback on it! It's truly appreciated!

First question: If I had to pay full price would I? That is a bit of a trick question. Like "would I pay" and "is it worth it" are two very different things. When you compare it to other options like a super atv plastic flip out windshield id say its definitely better. $450 vs $850 yea I'd say it's that much better but it depends on what you're looking for. Personally I have never been interested in a full cab with doors. In the beginning I wanted a roof and a half windshield. I did that and then added the rear soft panel to control dust. As time went on the half windshield wasn't cutting it so I was in search for a full. I came across this from a good friend of mine and I'm at about $700 invested. Since I was able to get it cheaper I decided to go for it and have the better product. If I had to pay full price would I get it? Nope! It is an excellent product, and well made it just isn't what I REALLY needed. I would've probably gotten the super ATV flip windshield and been happy. If you want a full cab I would go with all alumilite armor it is awesome stuff.

I looked up the Seizmik doors. It's tough to tell exactly how their hinges come out from the roll bar. The windshield comes out flush with the back side of the roll bar. I'd say you could probably make the seizmik doors work. you may have to cut a thin notch for their hinge bracket but they would probably work. I'm saying there is a good chance but don't get mad at me if they don't work.

As far as the radio on the roll bar. It depends how it mounts. I have my roof and my rear view mirror using the top roll bar as well as the windshield. If the stereo doesn't break the plane of the top side of the roll cage i think you'll be just fine. Post a pic and I can help you more. If you need a measurement tell me exactly where and what and I'll get it for you.

Reactions: BWAF and EricG
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's a question I would love to know as well. I'm thinking its a problem because the hinge for their door mounts on the roll bar and the way that windshield wraps I'm thinking a no go without possibly cutting the windshield frame out.

May need to make a thin slice where the bracket is. It may or may not work. Seizmik didn't have good enough pics on their website to really tell for sure.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First question: If I had to pay full price would I? That is a bit of a trick question. Like "would I pay" and "is it worth it" are two very different things. When you compare it to other options like a super atv plastic flip out windshield id say its definitely better. $450 vs $850 yea I'd say it's that much better but it depends on what you're looking for. Personally I have never been interested in a full cab with doors. In the beginning I wanted a roof and a half windshield. I did that and then added the rear soft panel to control dust. As time went on the half windshield wasn't cutting it so I was in search for a full. I came across this from a good friend of mine and I'm at about $700 invested. Since I was able to get it cheaper I decided to go for it and have the better product. If I had to pay full price would I get it? Nope! It is an excellent product, and well made it just isn't what I REALLY needed. I would've probably gotten the super ATV flip windshield and been happy. If you want a full cab I would go with all alumilite armor it is awesome stuff.

I looked up the Seizmik doors. It's tough to tell exactly how their hinges come out from the roll bar. The windshield comes out flush with the back side of the roll bar. I'd say you could probably make the seizmik doors work. you may have to cut a thin notch for their hinge bracket but they would probably work. I'm saying there is a good chance but don't get mad at me if they don't work.

As far as the radio on the roll bar. It depends how it mounts. I have my roof and my rear view mirror using the top roll bar as well as the windshield. If the stereo doesn't break the plane of the top side of the roll cage i think you'll be just fine. Post a pic and I can help you more. If you need a measurement tell me exactly where and what and I'll get it for you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give the feedback. The mounting points up top are what I am interested in. The overhead stereo clamps to the front roll bar at the top. I'm curious where the clamps for this windshield are at the top (I'm assuming the windshield clamps to the top as well as the sides. Maybe just a pic or a measurent how far the clamps come in from the side on the top roll bar. Thanks again for taking the time. Truly appreciate it. I'm up in the air. I love everything this windshield does but at the end of the day it's $1300 by the time its shipped to me if you get the wiper and the gas strut to open the thing all the way.

Reactions: TimG and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks so much for taking the time to give the feedback. The mounting points up top are what I am interested in. The overhead stereo clamps to the front roll bar at the top. I'm curious where the clamps for this windshield are at the top (I'm assuming the windshield clamps to the top as well as the sides. Maybe just a pic or a measurent how far the clamps come in from the side on the top roll bar. Thanks again for taking the time. Truly appreciate it. I'm up in the air. I love everything this windshield does but at the end of the day it's $1300 by the time its shipped to me if you get the wiper and the gas strut to open the thing all the way.

No problem. The clamps on top are just a single bolt wrap around pipe clamp. They can be moved and a new hole drilled if need be to accommodate the stereo. Mine does have the wiper and the struts. Like I said to me I just didn't need it that bad but the price couldn't be beat. If you want the best, it is the best. FWIW I think my buddy paid $1200 or more for the same set up for his Polaris ranger. If you're wanting to have doors and such it's probably the way to go. I plan to leave mine on almost year round because it is so versatile.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem. The clamps on top are just a single bolt wrap around pipe clamp. They can be moved and a new hole drilled if need be to accommodate the stereo. Mine does have the wiper and the struts. Like I said to me I just didn't need it that bad but the price couldn't be beat. If you want the best, it is the best. FWIW I think my buddy paid $1200 or more for the same set up for his Polaris ranger. If you're wanting to have doors and such it's probably the way to go. I plan to leave mine on almost year round because it is so versatile.
Thanks again I appreciate it!

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One more question for ya if you don't mind. What's your feeling on the field of view. Looking at this windshield compared to others the glass looks smaller. Wondering if you felt your field of view obstructed at all. Thanks again!

Reactions: TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just installed a SXS windshield. So far I like it. Fit is good easy to install.
Have you got a picture of that???

Reactions: TimG
advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One more question for ya if you don't mind. What's your feeling on the field of view. Looking at this windshield compared to others the glass looks smaller. Wondering if you felt your field of view obstructed at all. Thanks again!
Top and bottom are no issue. I lose a little to the sides its noticeable but it's not terrible

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimG and EricG