P1000 all the vent hoses and locations

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
I saw what looks like a vent line on the bottom of the transmission. Is there two vents on the trans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw what looks like a vent line on the bottom of the transmission. Is there two vents on the trans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe that is the weep line for the water pump.

A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does any one have good locations for all the vent hoses? I can see the fan, front diff, rear diff, fuel tank but not sure about crankcase or any others. If the 1000 is like the 700 then the crankcase vent in the air box? I'm going to make my snorkel today and hopefully dry everything in today. Thanks for any help and or pictures.

Question if I move/extend all my vent lines up under the top of my 1000 will this void the manufactures warranty? All I do is feed cattle and ranch work with this SXS but sometimes cross water or a mud hole.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question if I move/extend all my vent lines up under the top of my 1000 will this void the manufactures warranty? All I do is feed cattle and ranch work with this SXS but sometimes cross water or a mud hole.
That is something you should discuss with your dealer ..some are funny about any mods made to the machine. But to answer your q. I would not think so

Reactions: sharp
A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is something you should discuss with your dealer ..some are funny about any mods made to the machine. But to answer your q. I would not think so
I already did it but will call dealer. If I have to take in for something it's easy to remove. I also did the under hood snorkel which comes off easy too. Now I'll call honda America and get on the dog pile as to the heat issue it would be nice if they had a retrofit kit at no charge to us.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I thought about making a post with this info and pictures. The only one I am not sure about is the crank case as you mentioned.

- fuel tank (most important)
- sub transmission
- front diff
- rear diff
- fan
- coolant overflow (maybe)
- What else???

I know there is a vent on top of the head with a built in check valve to disallow oil from exiting. There should be one on the bottom 1/2 Of the case also.
This needs to be explored!

Have you created one for the 500 yet? Searched and couldn't find anything.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called Honda care on my pioneer 1000 about vent lines. They said to take it to dealer and they will drill hole in frame that would let water out that could get in there and not fill vent line with water. I didn't ask but wonder were they drill hole, size of hole and where that vent line comes from?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Called Honda care on my pioneer 1000 about vent lines. They said to take it to dealer and they will drill hole in frame that would let water out that could get in there and not fill vent line with water. I didn't ask but wonder were they drill hole, size of hole and where that vent line comes from?

It will fill if it's under water, even with a drain hole.

Reactions: joeymt33
A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You have to get above the water line where ever that my be. I ran mine up the rear roll bars under the top and silicone a fish airator bubble stone on the end of the line. No dust or dirt can get in but line can still vent. Fish aerator bubble stones are 2 for $.99 @ walmart.

Reactions: elkguide
K

Kyle13

Apr 2, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had Honda do mine and they said was the hardest one they have ever done to get everything to the roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Order placed. Why isn't it here yet?????

A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had Honda do mine and they said was the hardest one they have ever done to get everything to the roof

What dealer in texas?? I got 25' of 1/4" fuel line and a pack of assorted couplers and a pocket full of zip tys and got after it. Wasn't a hard job at all. Glad u got it done . I feed cattle out of our unit and ranch work but there is some water and mud once in awhile

K

Kyle13

Apr 2, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
H&w Honda I ride hard and have had mine under water a foot from the roof it stayed ther 30 min waiting on someone to get close enough to hook to me when we pulled it out was still running no water n anything

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
H&w Honda I ride hard and have had mine under water a foot from the roof it stayed ther 30 min waiting on someone to get close enough to hook to me when we pulled it out was still running no water n anything

Did you have an extra snorkel for you?

advertisement