Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm a fan of @joeymt33 's design! It is a slightly magnified roar under high RPM! Believe me...I can have mine at full speed and still have a conversation with whomever is crazy enough to get in with me!:rolleyes:

Well said especially the crazy part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I needed to know! Y'all have any problems with limbs and stuff hitting the snorkel? No concern about it coming loose?

We go deeper into sticks then most and never a problem. I've had it knocked off once but I don't secure the snorkel onto the tube so I can turn it around (it looks cooler facing forward but not as effective in any way)or if there's a problem it'll get pulled off rather then the tube to the machine. It sits in board towards the center so not normally a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Does anyone see a problem with using a k&n as a prefilter either under the hood or thru like Joey?

Reactions: Eltobgi
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm still on the oem filter and it's 100 miles over due for a change. It still looks good. And that's with out running a prefilter. I think the prefilter is there to catch large debris like leaves and sticks. I definitely doesn't hurt to leave it there.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem to use, some people have even used a lawnmower filter on the end of the intake under the hood.

I picked up a roll of Frogzskin and placed it under the cover on the snorkel head. It keeps out the big stuff and also helps block any water that might splash up, and keeps the rain out.

J

JTW

I'm still on the oem filter and it's 100 miles over due for a change. It still looks good. And that's with out running a prefilter. I think the prefilter is there to catch large debris like leaves and sticks. I definitely doesn't hurt to leave it there.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!
You have a link for your snorkel build?

Reactions: CumminsPusher