CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does tacobob oil that ink filter or is it dry ?
The intent of foam filters is for them to be oiled, that's what makes them so effective.

My point - if you're going to use a foam filter, oil it, it's how they work.

This was the tag included with my Uni pod filter.
I qS2Ch8v M

On my Talon -
I gXGK7GX M

At 1066 miles -
I KRxxBDV L

The stock filter at 1137 miles, their reputation is to need replacement at 200-300 miles.
I 2fqCwcL M

Idahocrawler

Idahocrawler

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
The intent of foam filters is for them to be oiled, that's what makes them so effective.

My point - if you're going to use a foam filter, oil it, it's how they work.

This was the tag included with my Uni pod filter.
View attachment 224580

On my Talon -
View attachment 224581

At 1066 miles -
View attachment 224582

The stock filter at 1137 miles, their reputation is to need replacement at 200-300 miles.
View attachment 224583

No you didn’t read what he uses the uni filter for .

he uses it as a pre filter under the oem cap . I want to know he oils that too

pretty simple question

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
No you didn’t read what he uses the uni filter for .

he uses it as a pre filter under the oem cap . I want to know he oils that too

pretty simple question
Regardless of its location, filter foam works much more effectively when it's oiled - whether being used as the primary filter or pre-filter.

Pretty simple answer.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
HondaBob snorkels his inside and then puts a cone filter at the top of the snorkel . His regular filter doesn't get dirty at all .
TacoBob puts a peace of unifilter over the original intake and then snaps the cap back on . Clean/change filter at each oil change and it barely needs cleaned . If your only going for cleaner air , TacoBob's way is MUCH easier .
Interesting,Would you happen to know what thickness and size that he uses and where I can buy the material ?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Interesting,Would you happen to know what thickness and size that he uses and where I can buy the material ?
Your best to send him a PM. He might get an email and respond to you. He hasnt been on the forum in over a year.
The Last post on this thread was 4yrs also.
Good luck.

Reactions: DG Rider
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You could also ask @hondabob directly.
I know what you mean😂
Actually, in another Thread it was Hondabob that told him to look up this Huck thread.
The whole thing is a Complete cluster fuc😂🤣
Dont know why this P5 snorkel thing is so difficult to do🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂

advertisement
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know what you mean😂
Actually, in another Thread it was Hondabob that told him to look up this Huck thread.
The whole thing is a Complete cluster fuc😂🤣
Dont know why this P5 snorkel thing is so difficult to do🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂
I just sent Huck a pm

Maybe a convential snorkel that is Higher would be better in case I ever fell off into water deeper than I thought.

All I know is the Gravel road I am talking about is so dusty during the summer that if someone has went down it within 5 minutes before you that you can tell it from all the dust still hanging in the air.
Cant see a thing and if you are driving a truck you better have the windows rolled up or the cab will be filled with dust.
Same thing if you meet someone coming from the other direction.

Even driving around the fields the dust is terrible unless there has been a recent rain.

More I think about the subject it sound's like I need to build a snorkel with the best dust Pre filtering that I can accomplish.

That way The machine will be ready for more than just using for getting from one area of the yard to the other and local trips down the road.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just sent Huck a pm

Maybe a convential snorkel that is Higher would be better in case I ever fell off into water deeper than I thought.

All I know is the Gravel road I am talking about is so dusty during the summer that if someone has went down it within 5 minutes before you that you can tell it from all the dust still hanging in the air.
Cant see a thing and if you are driving a truck you better have the windows rolled up or the cab will be filled with dust.
Same thing if you meet someone coming from the other direction.

Even driving around the fields the dust is terrible unless there has been a recent rain.

More I think about the subject it sound's like I need to build a snorkel with the best dust Pre filtering that I can accomplish.

That way The machine will be ready for more than just using for getting from one area of the yard to the other and local trips down the road.
We up here in the once great state of Michigan, our trails are nothing but sand/silt and thats what we stride to accomplish is that very thing. That was why I gave you the link in the other thread. @trigger from here as well runs that set up for years without issue like I did. tried true and simple. Work smarter not harder as I tell my apprentices

Reactions: trigger
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We up here in the once great state of Michigan, our trails are nothing but sand/silt and thats what we stride to accomplish is that very thing. That was why I gave you the link in the other thread. @trigger from here as well runs that set up for years without issue like I did. tried true and simple. Work smarter not harder as I tell my apprentices
And here I thought that with my age and physical condition that I could be an apprentice only to someone at least as old as Methuselah !😊

I will study the matter more
Thank's