Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Like a "boost" switch in a motorhome?
Does anyone know what the True isolator does if you remove the small ground wire? Does it become a (closed) connection? Or does it (open) the connection between the 2 batteries?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know what the True isolator does if you remove the small ground wire? Does it become a (closed) connection? Or does it (open) the connection between the 2 batteries?
Ceases to function. It needs the ground to read battery voltages.

Reactions: RedFred1
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding your comment about the boost switch earlier. I believe newer model True Isolators have a tab you can connect a switch too. It will bypass the iso and allow both batteries to boost during cranking.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding your comment about the boost switch earlier. I believe newer model True Isolators have a tab you can connect a switch too. It will bypass the iso and allow both batteries to boost during cranking.

Not sure the manuals for the True Iso are not updated and last I checked weren't on their webpage. Even the one that comes with the newer one is crap. ISO itself works great but they could spend a few seconds printing an updated manual and placing it in the box....

Reactions: Landman
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OTJ...

Looks like you use a single bank (battery) charger connected to the original battery to charge your system. One of the benefits of this charger is supposed to be battery conditioning... I wonder if you still get that benefit when charging two batteries through your isolator? I guess the isolator switches between batteries as it charges to the cut in/out voltage.

I may go with a two bank charger, one charger output for each battery... I have to do a little more investigation.

I did get that nice port plug you show on yours... very functional and looks great besides... Thanks!

FredD

Last edited: