P500 Added an aftermarket tail pipe extension.

D

DaveinWV

May 24, 2024
WV
Ownership

1. 520
I added this tail pipe extension I bought off of Amazon for under $20. It seems to help lessen the noise a little. It's a universal fit and has two bolts to clamp in on the tail pipe.
AwkMyyD

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Good choice. At this year's TO on the Prison Ride with TripleB I was following another Talon, but after one of our stops I got behind a P5. I kept hearing a clicking noise and started to become concerned that something was amiss with my machine until I realized it was the P5's exhaust in front of me

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Good choice. At this year's TO on the Prison Ride with TripleB I was following another Talon, but after one of our stops I got behind a P5. I kept hearing a clicking noise and started to become concerned that something was amiss with my machine until I realized it was the P5's exhaust in front of me

Hamster wheel must have needed oiling

D

DaveinWV

May 24, 2024
WV
Ownership

1. 520
I removed the tailpipe extension after trimming the Quick Shield, so it lays back past the front of the bed. Less noise without the tailpipe extension.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I removed the tailpipe extension after trimming the Quick Shield, so it lays back past the front of the bed. Less noise without the tailpipe extension.
Glad to hear it's working Dave! :cool:
Lays back past the front of the bed... under it, over it? You have any pics of this? With the two different rear options from Honda and all the different setups that guys have, that's why I leave it to the end user and added material at the rear to create some type of seal. Originally it was just the 500 and most guys were running some type of box and rack. If you ran the shield over the first bar on the rack and tucked it under the box there were no open holes between you and the muffler.

Rubber At Rack