P1000 Accessory Issues - Any Insight?

Luckybeer

Luckybeer

Nov 20, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Tell me what this is?

It looks like you are grounding to the this selonide post?

If so.. this is the issue. And also your lucky its not blown up by now.

This seloinde is the starter seloinde and a HOT
BOTH SIDES SHOULD BE CONSODERED HOT.
Second side is only hot when you start it.

Unkook that asap. View attachment 197675

Hi Hondasxs, Here are the pictures I promised before I disconnected it.. The Neg of the second battery and the ground of the isolator were both connected to the solenoid.. check the pictures out.. Is there any other place I shouldnt hook them up to? what would you suggest? Thanks again.. I had no Idea..

IMG 0588 IMG 0587 IMG 0582

Reactions: TripleB
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Hondasxs, Here are the pictures I promised before I disconnected it.. The Neg of the second battery and the ground of the isolator were both connected to the solenoid.. check the pictures out.. Is there any other place I shouldnt hook them up to? what would you suggest? Thanks again.. I had no Idea..

View attachment 197925 View attachment 197926 View attachment 197927
You're damn lucky you didnt burn it to the ground. I suggest grounding it to the frame. Thats as simlpe as running a self tapper into the tube above youre iso.

Luckybeer

Luckybeer

Nov 20, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You're damn lucky you didnt burn it to the ground. I suggest grounding it to the frame. Thats as simlpe as running a self tapper into the tube above youre iso.

"iso"?? Not sure what that means..lol

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It appears you may have bolted both the spare grounding cable (for a winch) and your second battery ground onto the starter relay. If that IS the winch grounding cable, disconnect both from the starter relay and bolt them together (second battery ground and winch cable), as an immediate solution. Hopefully the second battery is not damaged and will fully charge. It should have no issue running stereo and light bar all night long while on the roll.

HP1K LE Harness Routing

Last edited:
Luckybeer

Luckybeer

Nov 20, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It appears you may have bolted both the spare grounding cable (for a winch) and your second battery ground onto the starter relay. If that IS the winch grounding cable, disconnect both from the starter relay and bolt them together (second battery ground and winch cable), as an immediate solution. Hopefully the second battery is not damaged and will fully charge. It should have no issue running stereo and light bar all night long while on the roll.

View attachment 197969
Hello, done.. the winch and wiper are on the main battery and the stereo, light bar are on the second.. second battery seems to be good..put her on the conditioner and is holding around 13.2v ..
Thanks for all your help and knowledge !

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello, done.. the winch and wiper are on the main battery and the stereo, light bar are on the second.. second battery seems to be good..put her on the conditioner and is holding around 13.2v ..
Thanks for all your help and knowledge !
Well.
I know you are getting tired of changing it all up.. but you need to reconsider the above.

The reason for a second battery is to remove the load from the primary.

Your drain problem is solved.

Now move everything to the second battery leaving ONLY the OEM system on the primary.

Reactions: AZRocks and TripleB
S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there any problem running factory accessories off of the single battery? Winch, windshield wiper, heater, light bar. All using the factory add on switch and fuse box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello, wondering if anyone has issues like this:
I have a 2019 LE, I put a second battery on her with an isolator kit etc. On the second battery I have a 54" LED light bar, and a 700W stereo. When I run the SXS and have the light bar and/or the stereo, both or just one.. the second battery only lasts about 1hr or so.. Shouldnt the second battery be getting a charge off the main system after voltage drops to a certain level? I have verified the setup is correct.. Any thoughts would be great! thanks
700 watts is 58.3 AMPS.
(700 Watts divided by 12 volt system)
Lots of sound power👌👌👌

Figure up your wattage on the light bar And convert to amps.

add them together

The 2 together are a huge drain on your battery.........probably only a 6 amp hour battery. (Both my batteries are 6)

The alternator can’t keep up..... me thinks😅😅
but I’m a rookie at this stuff.
3 months ago I could not spell AMP

GOOD LUCK👍👍

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is there any problem running factory accessories off of the single battery? Winch, windshield wiper, heater, light bar. All using the factory add on switch and fuse box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
My opinion is NO. The factory battery will be fine.
Most people like it for peace of mind or for 5/30 beer club usage.

Clutch problems are no longer an issue since the update.

advertisement