6.08 Quarts My A??

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is the second time I changed my oil. It was a few weeks back. Just like the first time 6.1 quarts. Do the warmup to check and it's just at the bottom of the stick. I can't remember, but I think I added about 8 more oz's until it read full. Weather was hot outside. Checked the machine for several days and it read full. I'm not sure Honda didn't misprint this in the manual. My Ford 250 manual called for 15 qts of oil which was a misprint because 13qts is full.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is the second time I changed my oil. It was a few weeks back. Just like the first time 6.1 quarts. Do the warmup to check and it's just at the bottom of the stick. I can't remember, but I think I added about 8 more oz's until it read full. Weather was hot outside. Checked the machine for several days and it read full. I'm not sure Honda didn't misprint this in the manual. My Ford 250 manual called for 15 qts of oil which was a misprint because 13qts is full.
When u checked it, did u screw the dip stick ALL the way in
( NoQueer) to check it? If u dont, it will be wrong ;)

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When u checked it, did u screw the dip stick ALL the way in
( NoQueer) to check it? If u dont, it will be wrong ;)
No. It did it on the first oil change too. When I get enough oil in it, it checks fine. I've drove it and check it, warmed it up like the manual says check it. Mine takes more oil to hit the full mark.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No. It did it on the first oil change too. When I get enough oil in it, it checks fine. I've drove it and check it, warmed it up like the manual says check it. Mine takes more oil to hit the full mark.
The manual says and so does the oil change thread on here dad you have to check it By screwing the dipstick all the way in or else you will overfill it

advertisement
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been changing oil in equipment for over 45 years. After adding enough oil, you can check it everyday and it's on the money. The first oil change I put the recommended amount in and started driving. I park it on the carpot on new concrete, so I would notice a leak because I always look under a machine before I start it. Even it I don't check the dip stick. When I did check it again I noticed how low it was. Guess how low? Right where it was on the second oil change when I filled it to what the manual said. I started a post on it, and then I put oil in it and over filled. I though the machine was using oil. Maybe still breaking in. Not so, the recommended amount will not fill this machine if you check it as the manual says. Like I said before, after the second oil change and adding more oil the machine checks correct on fill.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The manual says and so does the oil change thread on here dad you have to check it By screwing the dipstick all the way in or else you will overfill it
Here's what my manual says:
5. Insert the dipstick without screwing it in, then remove the
dipstick and check the oil level. The oil level should be between
the upper level mark and the lower level mark on the dipstick.
Page 153

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is a 2021 model. Like I said above, the manual for the 2017 Ford F250 said 15 when only 13 was needed. Mabye Honda has a misprint. Hey, maybe the misprint is about screwing the dip stick in. I checked the forum before posting and I seen others with the same problem.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've been changing oil in equipment for over 45 years. After adding enough oil, you can check it everyday and it's on the money. The first oil change I put the recommended amount in and started driving. I park it on the carpot on new concrete, so I would notice a leak because I always look under a machine before I start it. Even it I don't check the dip stick. When I did check it again I noticed how low it was. Guess how low? Right where it was on the second oil change when I filled it to what the manual said. I started a post on it, and then I put oil in it and over filled. I though the machine was using oil. Maybe still breaking in. Not so, the recommended amount will not fill this machine if you check it as the manual says. Like I said before, after the second oil change and adding more oil the machine checks correct on fill.
Stop yelling! 😂 🤣 🥳

advertisement