P1000 50" Curved Light Bar: Up Top or Down Low?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am about to order a 50-52" light bar for my rig but cant decide which brackets and location to use. I see everyone has done something different just about, so I was thinking everyone could post what they did for theirs so they would be all in one place. I am not wanting to see those that are mounted on top of the roof, because I think I would lose it pretty quickly where I ride. I have about ripped the top off a few times as it is. But I don't and probably wont ever have a full windshield, just a half, so I want to mount the light bar either under the top lip of the top, or on the bottom in front of the half windshield.

I have my PDM, switches, and switch plate from Mystic, but still need my to order the lights and mounts.

I will be mounting pods on the rear as well, but I think that'll be pretty straight forward. Either way, if you have pics of those too that'd be great tpp! Just want a better of idea about what everyone has done.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You have the same mounting situation I came across because we can't be on top. Generally speaking even if we could I still wouldn't I'm really happy with the mount where it's at above the hood. We've redesigned it once because of the BugBuster and will now accept even that. After I mounted joeys snorkel I figured it would light funny but in fact because of the curve even that is no problem. Works with any windshield impedes nothing and am still happy. Went into the same spot as the previous p1k5. Must say though we did 50 on the last and flat out 52 is easier and I knew that about have way through the mount. 52 now was easier.