Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So overall you took out about 4.5"?
I remember you said 5.5 on the front but that's on an angle.

Question:
What is the ID of the ROP tubes (2 sizes)? You obviously purchased tubing to fit.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking red at first my boy nearby had me talked into white. If white in my roof would hold up I would have done it but we hit a lot so I backed off. Texture will be nice. I really think you'd have to do the roof as well otherwise there would be white bars that just end. Maybe not though. It would look sick with roof done too. I will be doing the windshield surrounding in white.

Sent from iPhone
We have a powder coater local, my drop off the cage when I do the rims for my Durango.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
Do u have a hard mid glass section? Do u think it could be chopped down?

Image Image

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So overall you took out about 4.5"?
I remember you said 5.5 on the front but that's on an angle.

Question:
What is the ID of the ROP tubes (2 sizes)? You obviously purchased tubing to fit.
It's over a 1/16. Used 1 5/8 for the front four sections but bought 1 1/2 for the rear.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: Madore128
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well today I'm going to tackle an easier project. Tailgate and roof totally done. Have a little wiring there but very little. Decided accessory battery will not work for us anymore. I does seem to have enough power and even reserve capacity isn't bad however we demand a lot from a battery! We have 12 speaker stereo setup with a 12 sub with amp under driver seat, lots of lightning and will be adding a 75w ham radio as well. Most of this we will use without vehicle running from time to time. We kill batteries quickly. So on watch list I've had a non-battery for a long time. Pulled the trigger in great hopes. It's a 600amp capacitor not a battery at all. It weighs under two pounds so 20 gone from the hood. You can run it totally dead and charge fully 500,000 cycles. Don't try that with deep cycle. It'll charge from fully dead to full in about 1 1/2 minutes in the Pioneer. Hopefully we don't kill this one!!!! Time to try!! Not positive how this'll work for our application but you never learn without someone getting an idea and being a dummy. That's meA99f00806c4a02070c0745448e631e15

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Me too I've been dying on this one. I guess fingers crossed

Sent from iPhone

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've decided I'm doing a car battery under the seat, lower cog and much easier for neatly wiring accessories
True on cog! If this works it's really light and would be a simple hook up. I like having dual batteries and having them close together. For normal usage I do have plenty of battery for most applications,that battery is only 25 pounds and many aren't concerned with a heavy lightbar on the roof which is far worse I'm not too concerned about this weight where it's at I just like keeping it off overhead. With this setup I'm not so much hoping to gain battery power as I am gaining battery life. Deep cycles only do so much I'm hoping this is our answer I'm sick of buying so many batteries

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: dotman1
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered a car battery in addition to a cap?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm actually replacing or deep cycle with this. I guess the extra reserve capacity would be good but I don't like the distance I'd have to run everything. It's much easier under the hood because everything is there. That's one thing personally I didn't like about the 700. I really prefer all of that under the hood with short wire runs. That's just preference though. Now with that said I've got a speaker box in that spot and definitely prefer that. I've always wanted to play with a cap so this gives an excuse. Be nice not to ever have to replace this no matter what

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Eltobgi
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you put an overhead mounted gun rack for 2?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm actually replacing or deep cycle with this. I guess the extra reserve capacity would be good but I don't like the distance I'd have to run everything. It's much easier under the hood because everything is there. That's one thing personally I didn't like about the 700. I really prefer all of that under the hood with short wire runs. That's just preference though. Now with that said I've got a speaker box in that spot and definitely prefer that. I've always wanted to play with a cap so this gives an excuse. Be nice not to ever have to replace this no matter what

Sent from iPhone

If wanting to keep the accessory wiring the same is the only reason, you could use remote terminals. Just install large battery under the seat and run a pair of cables salvaged from a set of #2 jumper cables. The wires would be a joined pair and then slip them in a wire loom. Install the remote terminals in the oem battery location so no working has to change.

I know you CP already know this but not every reader may have thought about it.

Also, the safe thing to do is to install a breaker or fuse on the battery!

I still haven't made up my mind on what I want to do. Right now I'm leaning toward the single battery under the seat.

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I really like the flush cubes mounted back there. I do suppose that cut, but out of all of the challenges that does look to be the worst. A three seater would be really easy though.

Sent from iPhone
Yea the cage is nothing to cut down. But like u said also. That hard rear glass an plastic would be a night mare. An I wanta keep it closed in. Cuz in 2 months its going to get cold. An then few more months well be in s*** tons of snow. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea the cage is nothing to cut down. But like u said also. That hard rear glass an plastic would be a night mare. An I wanta keep it closed in. Cuz in 2 months its going to get cold. An then few more months well be in s*** tons of snow. Lol
I probably wouldn't try on that it may be the toughest

Sent from iPhone

advertisement