P1000 2022 owners help

H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Iam looking for feedback on the new 2022’s. Wondering if they shift smoother than the previous version and if the changes are better on the heat coming through the seat. I have a 2018 1000-5 and have a deal going on trading it in on a 2022 1000-3 deluxe. Iam torn on what to do, the deal they offered is fair I just don’t want to be disappointed with the 2022. Thanks

O

OhioMaple

Mar 20, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I just got a 22’, nothing to compare it to but it shifts smooth as butter. You can barely notice it at times aside from the rpm’s.

Also, I haven’t noticed any heat issues at all, but I also haven’t put a ton of miles on it all at once or worked it extremely hard.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also, I haven’t noticed any heat issues at all, but I also haven’t put a ton of miles on it all at once or worked it extremely hard.
You cant judge that yet till you ride in hot weather. When its cooler, the heat is usually neutralized and in most cases welcomed

H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
More importantly, are you sure your going to be happy going from a P1K5 to a P1K3?
I think so, I should have bought the P1K3 when I bought the machine I have now. I never use the back seats and I think not have the roll cage around the bed when loading would be nice. Also I think the back panel and roof seals better on the P1K3.

A

arrowsender

Jun 1, 2021
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First, my 2022 deluxe is the only Pioneer I've ever been on.

As for the shifting, if you accelerate at a hard to medium rare it shifts smoothly. If you slowly work up to the shift point it can be jerky. For down shifting, if you're breaking it's smooth but if you just let off the accelerator it jerks.

As for the heat, the seat warms up like the heated seats in my truck on low. Once I got my windshield and roof you can fill the heat coming out from the front and rear of the seat, to the point this summer I might look into insulating under the seat as everyone did with the prior models.

T

TheBreeze

Jan 6, 2017
Van,Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 2016 P1000-5 Dlx new, wasn't planning to sell it popped off and it was gone.
Replaced with a 22 Trail 1000-5
Trans is smoother and less jerky trying to move slowly.
Seat is cooler and I like the larger drink holders too.
Now has speed sensitive pwr steering, wasn't needed IMHO
New meter display actually smaller speedo and tach to make room for more idiot lights.
Top speed down from 67 to 64
Different front bumper allows for more air flow directly into radiator, but also makes it more pron to collect grass, seeds, and other
crap. Thinking about making a radiator screen to cover the front that will help keep the radiator cleaner but not enough to block wind flow.
Just my 2 cents since I have had an older model to compare to.
Over all some nice upgrades.

advertisement
Q

qwas

Dec 27, 2020
bc canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2021, assuming they are essentially the same as the 2022, the seat gets quite warm in the summer. You'll want to insulate or make sure you have plenty of air flow through the cab. Shifting is what I would expect from a six speed automatic transmission. I knew that when I purchased it. If I wanted smooth from start to top end I would have purchased a Polaris with the centrifugal clutching system