P1000 2021 P1k5 oil leak

T

TeamFMI

Sep 7, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally cleaning it for the first time in to long today and noticed some mud that wasn’t coming off like the rest… checked fluid levels and both dipsticks were low, especially considering the oil was last changed under 500 miles ago.

Once it dries off I’ll load it on the trailer so I can’t get a better view underneath. Selfishly hoping that someone has had similar and has an simple explanation with a simple solution 😂

IMG 5119IMG 5120IMG 5117

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bet the rubber gasket on one of the oil filter caps is pinched or bad I have saw other post of this happening causing a leak also check and make sure the rubber gasket is around the dip stick it could be leaking from that

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Finally cleaning it for the first time in to long today and noticed some mud that wasn’t coming off like the rest… checked fluid levels and both dipsticks were low, especially considering the oil was last changed under 500 miles ago.

Once it dries off I’ll load it on the trailer so I can’t get a better view underneath. Selfishly hoping that someone has had similar and has an simple explanation with a simple solution 😂

View attachment 447148View attachment 447149View attachment 447150
for clarity - you changed engine and sub transmission oil 500 miles ago and both are low after 500 miles?

interesting......

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 447148View attachment 447149View attachment 447150
Wow! Thats alot of oil.
How many miles are on this rig?

T

TeamFMI

Sep 7, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately some stuff came up and the day got away from me, so I wasn’t able to investigate any further yet. There was a decent bit of oil around the engine dipstick so seating or the o-ring is definitely a possibility there. I have been meaning to relocate the breathers, have everything but have been putting it off, I’ll be doing that tomorrow and check the line to see if that was a/the cause. As for miles much less than I’d like… under 3k but hope to be racking them up again.

If the dipstick and or breather explain the engine that’d be great but still leave me curious about the sub trans oil.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That dipstick is kind of wanky, it's easy to cross-thread it. Make sure it goes in straight before you thread it in gently.