P1000 2021 P1000-3 fabric doors and hard rear panel issue.

E

EdKC

Jul 20, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve installed the Honda brand hard rear panel and am now trying to fit the Honda brand fabric upper doors. It appears the sides of the hard rear panel wraps around the roll bar too far and is hitting the back of each fabric door. Has anyone had this issue? It appears the rear panel will need to be trimmed off about 3/8” just behind the doors. I’m a little surprised how some of these Honda brand accessories interfere with each other.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve installed the Honda brand hard rear panel and am now trying to fit the Honda brand fabric upper doors. It appears the sides of the hard rear panel wraps around the roll bar too far and is hitting the back of each fabric door. Has anyone had this issue? It appears the rear panel will need to be trimmed off about 3/8” just behind the doors. I’m a little surprised how some of these Honda brand accessories interfere with each other.
Ive got both. I took it to be sort of an overlap. Its caused me no issues in 3yrs now. I did drill the rear panel and put zip ties around the outer edge of the panel to hold it to the rops. I only did this to keep it from making noise and or breaking when it drags against rock or trees. From our use the doors have been pretty tough.

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the same setup. I was initially concerned about the same thing with the fit of the upper doors and the rear bulkhead. After a few trips, it's not a concern for me any more. The fabric upper doors were the last thing I needed to enclose the cab, and I am impressed with how comfortable the cab is in the cold. I put a coat on and it isn't long and I take it off, and am cursing around in a short sleeve shirt. The Honda heat problem keeps the winter cab warm. And the upper doors come off in two minutes.
The other side of the coin, I find Honda instructions suck. Often, the only way I can understand what the heck the instructions are trying to explain is to fool with the part long enough to get it properly fitted, only then do the instructions make sense. It is this way on every Honda accessory I have installed! (It might just be me, I am getting old).
The other thing, Honda accessories are not compatible with Honda accessories. I had Honda outside mirrors that won't work with the upper doors. I have a inside rear view mirror, but I need the two out side mirrors to back up on small narrow trails.
I am open to suggestions on outside mirrors that work with the Honda upper doors if anyone has found them.
By the way, after installing foam strips strips to fill the big gaps on the lower doors, the cab is remarkably dust free now!

Reactions: Lady01
Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't know if seizmik mirrors will work for the honda doors, but I'd definitely look into it. You can't beat a lifetime guarantee.

Reactions: Lady01