P1000 2021 brakes squealing bad

C

Chunks21pioneer

Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 1000-5 that has 250 miles on it and my brakes are squealing pretty bad, I haven’t looked into it yet just seeing what it could be. I wouldn’t think that the brakes should be even close to be worn out. Ride on dirt roads and in creeks, not a lot of mud. I have 32” tires with a arm kit on it.

R

rickoshea

mine were squealing bad a couple days ago.it's been months since my last pad change.turned out to be mud/pebbles dried on to the caliper from me not driving it for quite a while.i usually get around 300 km's out of a set of aftermarket pads and that's with me driving mostly in mt mode.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, they collect a lot of dirt and small rocks. Are they squealing full-time or only on braking? If it's squealing full-time, you may have a wheel bearing washed out of grease with all your creek running. In that case, get yourself a bearing greaser, best tool you'll ever buy for this machine.

You can do a really fast and easy disassembly / reassembly on these brakes if you just remove the caliper/piston piece and leave the rest of the brake assembly in place. A couple of 12mm bolts and you can pop the pads right out and inspect around them.

C

Chunks21pioneer

Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, they collect a lot of dirt and small rocks. Are they squealing full-time or only on braking? If it's squealing full-time, you may have a wheel bearing washed out of grease with all your creek running. In that case, get yourself a bearing greaser, best tool you'll ever buy for this machine.

You can do a really fast and easy disassembly / reassembly on these brakes if you just remove the caliper/piston piece and leave the rest of the brake assembly in place. A couple of 12mm bolts and you can pop the pads right out and inspect around them.
Only when I brake, I’m going to take it apart this weekend and take a look.

Reactions: Lady01