CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well, I learned that US-127 Powersports isn’t the best place to take your machine to be fixed. As I stated in the past post the said that it was low on oil and that why it was shifting bad and stalling. “I kind of wanted to call bulls*** because I checked the oil during all of my trouble shooting that I could think might be the issue”. With that being said I had to go with what they told me and take it for a test run. As always it ran fine until about halfway through the second day and it was right back to the same issues. I have some spare time coming up so I think I’m going to try to dig into it myself. Is it a big job the change the clutches if I replace the cylonoide and that’s not the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solenoid isn't a horrible job, buy the new gasket for the case, and have some fresh RTV/Silicon to seal the wiring pass thru.
Clutch is a little more involved, but is pretty easy if you take your time.
I think @CumminsPusher did a detailed clutch replacement thread. It was on a Pioneer 1000 but they're virtually the same.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Might be easier and even more room on a talon.
You're right, I watched those guys do a campsite oil change and was surprised at how difficult it was to access the two oil filters. :oops: Everything is pretty much right out in the open on a Talon.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well, I learned that US-127 Powersports isn’t the best place to take your machine to be fixed. As I stated in the past post the said that it was low on oil and that why it was shifting bad and stalling. “I kind of wanted to call bulls*** because I checked the oil during all of my trouble shooting that I could think might be the issue”. With that being said I had to go with what they told me and take it for a test run. As always it ran fine until about halfway through the second day and it was right back to the same issues. I have some spare time coming up so I think I’m going to try to dig into it myself. Is it a big job the change the clutches if I replace the cylonoide and that’s not the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi - so did they get it to take a relearn?

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Solenoid isn't a horrible job, buy the new gasket for the case, and have some fresh RTV/Silicon to seal the wiring pass thru.
Clutch is a little more involved, but is pretty easy if you take your time.

In my experience the solenoid needs replaced due to contamination, so I would clean out everything I could touch before installing a new 1. Same way with a clutch replacement. The whole system should be cleaned out.

Reactions: CID