P1000 2018 p1000-5 le help

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi. Newbie here. Looking for some insight. Currently own a 2009 teryx le. Was working with a dealer in ny for a 2020 deluxe 1000-5. They are 70 miles away, so was trying to find the time to haul the old girl out to work out a trade value and get the honda. Well, the unit sold, no hard feelings, I could not get there in time. Now they have a left over 2018 p5 le coming in. Says it's new. Thoughts on if I should consider a 2018 le over a 2020 deluxe? Also, it seems to have floated around if it's a left over and it's coming into their dealership now?
Hey, thanks for the advice and hope to become an official member with a machine soon.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Only if The Price is Right. They
better knock 5,000 off of it.

H

HondaTech

Make sure it gets the fan update and all the recalls as well before you pick it up if you do.

R

rickoshea

depends on whether you want to trade a locking front diff for better shocks.you can upgrade shocks way easier than a locking diff.all the other le extras are just fluff,but that's just my opinion.and most of us upgrade gradually anyway.i paid 18400 cdn for my '19 deluxe,and just saw one listed for 17499. '20 le is going for 25999,'19 le is 23499.that's a hard no.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy it if you can cut a deal you can live with.
It probably already had all the updates done.
The dealer can run the Vin # and check.
It should be around 18 with 0 miles.. out west anyway.

Good luck.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks all. I asked about the updates and was told:
I believe Honda does the updates before shipping them, but regardless, if not they would have to be performed before it could go out.
I will post the price once they give it to me.

Does anyone in the cny recommend a dealer over another for services?? Just curious as I dont have a honda dealer near me, so it's a haul no matter what.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will love the Pioneer over the teryx. I just sold my 2010 teryx and purchased a 2018 P1k5 deluxe. Much quiter and rides a lot smoother. Plus the turf mode doesn't tear the yard up as bad. LE has lots of extra that might not be best depending on how you use your machine. The 18 through 20 are the same if the fan was updated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bullyx
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
depends on whether you want to trade a locking front diff for better shocks.you can upgrade shocks way easier than a locking diff.all the other le extras are just fluff,but that's just my opinion.and most of us upgrade gradually anyway.i paid 18400 cdn for my '19 deluxe,and just saw one listed for 17499. '20 le is going for 25999,'19 le is 23499.that's a hard no.

I have never seen prices that high.

If they will sell the "new" 2018 for the used price its worth looking at. Doesn't matter if you put 100 miles or 1000 on. Used is used in the power sports world.

advertisement
M

MarylandMark

Oct 22, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Short answer: 9/19 we bought a 0 mile 2018 LE in northeast Virginia for $20k with all updates done.

Long answer: We're brand new to this world and hadn't even ever taken a ride in a SxS. We decided to get one, shopped online that day and decided on a Polaris Northstar (5 seats is a must). The next day I was online shopping again and saw a Yamaha Viking Ranch that was 2 hours round trip closer so we were going to go the next day to look at that on our way to look at the Northstar. We saw the Viking, it was way too long for where we ride so that canceled the Viking and the Northstar and then the salesperson showed us the Honda. I wasn't in love with it but at this point it was our only option to fit 5 and not be too long. I like it much more now in my garage than I did at the dealership! We left to think about it, following day I emailed the salesperson saying thanks for their time but we were going to hold off, they dropped their price another $400 (price really wasn't a selling point because I felt like we were still $8k under a Northstar), a deal on a used 1K-5 deluxe but modified fell through so I called the salesperson the following day and we picked it up the next day.

We had them add a Honda roof and split windshield so we could ride in the rain the next day. I've added a street legal kit to include horn, turn signals, Terrabyte DOT tires and a winch since then. I want to do a lot of stuff to it but don't really enjoy wrenching on anything so we'll see.

Sadly we've only ridden that one day after we bought it but hope to get on the trails real soon. It's hunting season in Maryland so don't want to piss the neighbors off by riding (lot of land around where we ride is owned just for hunting).

ETA: Honda had 2 brand new '18 LE's at their distribution warehouse for the east coast in Norfolk when we bought ours. My thought is they weren't going to go too much lower on prices if they were willing to hang on to them this long already. We were within $1k of Abernathy's,15 hours round trip closer and it could be ready in a hour to pick up so that was more important to me than inching every dine out of the deal.

Reactions: bullyx
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, looked at a defender max, just the length threw me. I my teryx use to plow and to replace with something with a larger turning radius doesn't make sense to me. The honda seems to be the perfect fit. Just need to find one now! Most ny dealers dont have a 2020 deluxe it seems. I was thinking deluxe due to $$ and locked. Also figured a 2020 would have most of the quirks ironed out by now.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer came back at 18,399.00.
That’s not a horrible price but I’d think they could do better considering it’s about to be 2020. FWIW I just bought a 2019 1000-5 deluxe for $15,300 OTD.