Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
@DG Rider @osobad - thanks for yall's post on this -I have this exact rattle and it's driving me bats***. After reading through the threads this seems like the way to go. I just want to confirm:
1- I shift the current "sleeve" , the one with 2x 12mm bolts, back toward the rear
2- then put this new clamp where the pipes overlap
3- tighten the crap out of it
4- get my sanity back from no listening to a high squeal on every ride
YES

Reactions: Buggyman
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider @osobad - thanks for yall's post on this -I have this exact rattle and it's driving me bats***. After reading through the threads this seems like the way to go. I just want to confirm:
1- I shift the current "sleeve" , the one with 2x 12mm bolts, back toward the rear
2- then put this new clamp where the pipes overlap
3- tighten the crap out of it
4- get my sanity back from no listening to a high squeal on every ride
1. I slid the factory clamp back mainly so it would be easy to slide back up if the aftermarket clamp didn't work. I don't think it really does much, but can't hurt. There is a locating tang that will need to be flattened.

2. There is a steel ring on the front pipe. I put the aftermarket clamp directly over it so I could tighten it down more without worry about crushing the pipe.

3. Tighten it, but don't go apes***. See #2 above. Don't want to deform the pipe. Can always go tighter if it still squeaks, but loosening the clamp won't fix a deformed pipe.

4. As I said before...whoever designed this mess should be slapped to death. Or trapped in a room listening to it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Update again: Been 4 years and approx 4000 miles or so since I've heard a peep from the exhaust.

Have shared this post a few times recently on FB, and I wanted to update.