P500 2017 P500

Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I started making my windshield, after about 5 cardboard templates I finally cut some polycarbonate.
I did a test bend in a scrap piece by heating it up and slowly bending it.
I'm going to attempt to try using a brake press and see how that works.

I'm making it out of 1/4" polycarbonate, going to use Honda rops clamps to mount it.

The idea is to make a 2 piece windshield, this part is the wind deflector half, with a top half that's removable.

The total cost should be about $40 for me for the whole setup.

IMG 0206 IMG 0226 IMG 0227 IMG 0228

J

Jshell3

I started making my windshield, after about 5 cardboard templates I finally cut some polycarbonate.

I'm making it out of 1/4" polycarbonate, going to use Honda rops clamps to mount it.

The idea is to make a 2 piece windshield, this part is the wind deflector half, with a top half that's removable.

View attachment 44493 View attachment 44494 View attachment 44495 View attachment 44496
Dang. Very nice!

I love to see ppl pull something like this off. Lots of bends and angles!!!

Looks good!

Reactions: trigger
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 44493 View attachment 44494 View attachment 44495 View attachment 44496
Lexan reacts just fine to a cold bend, 1/4 " will easily bend with no heat needed. Working on a windshield myself with the top half folding up and laying on the roof top. I'll see if it works out.

J

JTW

Lexan reacts just fine to a cold bend, 1/4 " will easily bend with no heat needed. Working on a windshield myself with the top half folding up and laying on the roof top. I'll see if it works out.
Reeeeally??? I want to see a video!

J

Jshell3

Reeeeally??? I want to see a video!
My 1/2 windshield on Blueberry P500 was Lexan.
I watched a demonstration where the guy put it in a vice and hit it w a sledgehammer over and over.
Bending it.
I was impressed.
I knew it wouldn't crack from being tightened down, anyways.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I got to get it a little dirty over memorial weekend, video to come once I figure it out.
Last bit I did for the break-in miles haha

IMG 0247 IMG 0248

Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I started working on a storage spot under the hood and I'm going to make a wiring mount near the winch solenoid, so I can put the winch remote plug onto that.
Wiring will be on the left and storage will be on the right, I'll put a plastic ammo can instead of the metal one in the picture.
I'm just using some random junk that I have laying around my garage so it's a free project lol.

IMG 0431 IMG 0432

advertisement
Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I made a bit of progress on the electrical mount part of this today, just gotta clean up the wiring and mount the ammo can now.

IMG 0446

Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I got the under hood storage and cleaned up the wiring now.
The ammo can is bolted down and has rubber washers to keep water out, and I used wing nuts to make it easily removeable.

IMG 0456