P1000m3 2017 Honda Pioneer1000 Fox Shock issues

S

SteveR

Oct 10, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have a 2017 Honda pioneer 1000LE. Appx 4k on the mileage. It came new with the Fox shock upgrade. I have a front passenger side shock leaking. I run it on my farm so no real extreme use/abuse. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues but also where do you go to get this thing fixed? Send it to Fox? I have never even adjusted the ride on them so if I have to just replace it... its 700 bucks because you have to buy 2. I'm open to replacement recommendations if anyone has a less expensive alternative....BTW I'm 55 y/o and in all my years of dirt bikes and quad riding, I've never had a shock go out.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Personally, I would replace them both. Based on age, I always replace things like this (L and R) in pairs - if one went out, the other is likely not far behind.

If they were just the standard shocks and not the Fox QS3, I would consider it an opportunity to upgrade. But the QS3 is a good shock, and you'll see no real benefit from putting something more expensive on there if you're only using the buggy around the farm.

Search the forums for the trick to get the best price on these from ronayers.com.

Reactions: Remington
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I have a 2017 Honda pioneer 1000LE. Appx 4k on the mileage. It came new with the Fox shock upgrade. I have a front passenger side shock leaking. I run it on my farm so no real extreme use/abuse. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues but also where do you go to get this thing fixed? Send it to Fox? I have never even adjusted the ride on them so if I have to just replace it... its 700 bucks because you have to buy 2. I'm open to replacement recommendations if anyone has a less expensive alternative....BTW I'm 55 y/o and in all my years of dirt bikes and quad riding, I've never had a shock go out.
its just a shock - generally any local MC dealer, etc. can repair - its just o-rings and seals (unless shaft is scored\bad - and they can replace that - no biggie) - there should also be local race shops in your area that just do shock rebuilds/repairs - its not unusual at some point to lose a seal, etc..... FCR is in western Ohio - they do this everyday - they have a pretty cool f-book page showing the carnage inside of these things

I think ive made every shock leak on every dirt bike I have owned over the years - lol..........

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Personally, I would replace them both. Based on age, I always replace things like this (L and R) in pairs - if one went out, the other is likely not far behind.
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

If they were just the standard shocks and not the Fox QS3, I would consider it an opportunity to upgrade. But the QS3 is a good shock, and you'll see no real benefit from putting something more expensive on there if you're only using the buggy around the farm.

Search the forums for the trick to get the best price on these from ronayers.com.
can't hide money

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
If it is just seals pretty easy fix. Shock sevice and rebuild with just seals is pretty easy and basic. If your not looking for better performance just have them serviced. at 4k miles not a bad idea. If it is not something you can't do, it shouldn't be hard to find some one close