P1000 1st Service and new goodies

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On her new trailer, with heater, soft top, wipers, and ready to pick up for the weekend! I might actually get some time to enjoy a ride and make some videos! 120 mile round trip coming right up!

IMG 2683

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks good! Enjoy your Ride! Looking forward to the videos of those Tracks in action!

Reactions: sharp
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After it was loaded on the trailer the dealer "mentioned" the fact that we shouldn't really go to fast with the soft top. Even with shrink wrap wrapped around the cab it was pretty much 45 MPH over two passes leading a convoy of pissed off drivers who wanted to do 75. Must of pulled over 50 times to let people pass.

H

HondaTech

May I ask after spending all the money on tracks and stuff, why you didn't pick up a hard roof? As far as I'm concerned on trailering; if the machine I've purchased does 65 mph by itself, then why wont the top survive that on a trailer?

Reactions: Eltobgi
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I must be drunker than I think...the photo above appears to me too be a hard top?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haha, good catch. I missed that.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
May I ask after spending all the money on tracks and stuff, why you didn't pick up a hard roof? As far as I'm concerned on trailering; if the machine I've purchased does 65 mph by itself, then why wont the top survive that on a trailer?
Actually it is soft sides, not top. My bad. Trailering did indeed tend to over inflate the cab. The dealer wrapped shrink wrap around the cab. It helped, but I could see the air pressure forcing the door frames so we took it easy. I'll find out about speed once I get tires on it I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input on this. It looks like in my case the act of trailering forces air into the cab thru the front causing an overpressure in the interior. At 55 the upper door frames were really trying to deflect outward. After the P1K was trailered, wrapped, and our gealer gave us the bad news, my son who is an amazing diagnostic mechanic, commented this thing is giong to overpressure when we tow it. We need to open or crack some side panels.

The bummer is that this unit is our on call transport to do some pretty remote telecom/ repeater HVAC service. That necessitates trailering, usually during the winter when towing with an open panel (s) is the last thing you want to do. Since road spray, snow slush and gravel, coats trailers during the winter, I was contemplating some kind of custom cover/bra deal to anyway. Another science project incoming

advertisement