BRed 1986 big red...

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That is a gorgeous ATC you should post it to 3 wheeler world, I am a member there they would like to see such a low mileage clean time capsule. They eat, sleep and breathe ATC's they have guys converting street bikes to 3 wheelers to ride legally on the road, converting racing Honda 4 wheelers to trike's and restoring original machines.

My XR650L conversion

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I remember bouncing off one of those when I got a little too cocky and tried a small jump...OUCH!
I here ya... I was going up a 35 degree hill when I first got it and the tires started to slip because I was leaning forward too much and then the tires grabbed again.. up and over she went as I grabbed the brakes so it did not come over all the way on me...never did that again...

Reactions: Mudwing
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Curious, what are you doing to prevent/reduce the possibility of rust in the tank?
nothing but it is all drained and in a year around heated garage... the tank is like new inside...sometime you are just better keeping the tank full so there is not a chance of condensation due to a temperature swing... unless you are going to ride it often... it may go on the auction block next fall... then I will have the money and the big red will be gone and so will the money soon...nope, I am keeping it..
I am getting up there in age though...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Very nice looking trike. Original tires. I didn’t know they came with odometers.
they did not, I logged all my rides... 3.5 miles a year to drag a deer out up at the cabin... it is not more that 120 I do know that... hard to prove though...yes original tires... bty I just noticed you won something.... way to go...not sure what though...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Man thats a nice Big Red! I love those old ATC's. Ive owned tons of them over the years. None of mine ever looked as nice as yours though.
well thanks, I never got my use out of it that much, waste of money, maybe... if that money had been in the bank, lookout... but that is not fun... I thought it was going to be a lemon one Honda took it off the market or become a collectors bike...it did take some time because from 95 or so on nobody really wanted them that much as I recall... but after 2005 the market picked up a lot...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
What I have to know is why only 118 miles?
No way it could sit around here and not be run. Must be a story to tell.
there is a story...in short I was on the road in sales and never got the chance to use that much except when I took my vacation in the winter deer hunt... I moved out of state for a number of years to blue springs, mo. and then moved back to mn.

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
If you live in Florida or near Florida three wheelers are being raced again. Some riders got together and race at tracks around Tampa I have been wanting to watch I have owned 3 myself Honda 200s, Yamaha 200, Honda 250sx. My grail is a 350X because you can't get your hands on Tigers unless you have a pile of cash or a pile of cash to restore one.

The group is on facebook they race the 250R's, the Tecates and Tri-z's.
ok thanks...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
That is a gorgeous ATC you should post it to 3 wheeler world, I am a member there they would like to see such a low mileage clean time capsule. They eat, sleep and breathe ATC's they have guys converting street bikes to 3 wheelers to ride legally on the road, converting racing Honda 4 wheelers to trike's and restoring original machines.

My XR650L conversion
ok I will do that, I did not know it existed... I guess I do not know everything at age 63

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red

My XR650L conversion
nice trike...

advertisement