$13 plow mount

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
We got quite a bit of snow at my house recently. Enough that I almost didn't make it out of the driveway. Needless to say it made me realize I need to quit procrastinating on getting a plow mounted.

Well I have an old Cycle Country blade with their "universal" push bar from back in 2007. I used to have it mounted to my CanAm Outlander (sold it to buy the P500) I kept the setup figuring I could get it mounted to the P500 somehow. And after searching the internet I came to the conclusion I didn't like any of my options. It was build time.

I set the push tube under the P500 and found that the best spot, IMO, to hook in was going to be right where the frame widened out. So I did some digging around and found some .25" thick steel strap that was 2.5" wide. I cut four pieces at a 4" length. I stacked all four pieces and drilled three holes to allow 3/8" bolts through. Next I removed the front skid. I then used a .5" piece of scrap steel as a spacer and clamped one of my plates to the frame. I drilled holes through frames using the plate as a template. After drilling two holes on both frame sides I sandwiched each frame piece between two plates. Bolted them up with two 3/8" by 3" grade 8 bolts with lock washers. Torque was stretched not stripped and I said "Click click". I then brought the skid plate up made a mark. I cut two notches out with a skill saw and buttoned it back up. Finished. With the test fit i noticed a gawl between my plates and the push tube bracket. Threw some round steel on the lathe and made four shims. I have no clue on what those specs were. At that point i was urgent to get plowing. I bet a bunch of washers jb welded or task welded together would work too. Been working like a champ. Sorry about the lack of pics, blue prints, and effective writing.

IMG 20170123 194224

IMG 20170123 194235

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We got quite a bit of snow at my house recently. Enough that I almost didn't make it out of the driveway. Needless to say it made me realize I need to quit procrastinating on getting a plow mounted.

Well I have an old Cycle Country blade with their "universal" push bar from back in 2007. I used to have it mounted to my CanAm Outlander (sold it to buy the P500) I kept the setup figuring I could get it mounted to the P500 somehow. And after searching the internet I came to the conclusion I didn't like any of my options. It was build time.

I set the push tube under the P500 and found that the best spot, IMO, to hook in was going to be right where the frame widened out. So I did some digging around and found some .25" thick steel strap that was 2.5" wide. I cut four pieces at a 4" length. I stacked all four pieces and drilled three holes to allow 3/8" bolts through. Next I removed the front skid. I then used a .5" piece of scrap steel as a spacer and clamped one of my plates to the frame. I drilled holes through frames using the plate as a template. After drilling two holes on both frame sides I sandwiched each frame piece between two plates. Bolted them up with two 3/8" by 3" grade 8 bolts with lock washers. Torque was stretched not stripped and I said "Click click". I then brought the skid plate up made a mark. I cut two notches out with a skill saw and buttoned it back up. Finished. With the test fit i noticed a gawl between my plates and the push tube bracket. Threw some round steel on the lathe and made four shims. I have no clue on what those specs were. At that point i was urgent to get plowing. I bet a bunch of washers jb welded or task welded together would work too. Been working like a champ. Sorry about the lack of pics, blue prints, and effective writing.

View attachment 31612

View attachment 31613

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
That's really cool. Necessity, the mother of invention!

Reactions: Stoney